This position provides senior level support for an assigned portfolio of projects with regard to analysis, tracking of project data, reporting & support functions by project, program and portfolio. Implementing project management best practices relevant to project initiation, project change control, time & cost control.
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the appropriate project & program data, models, standards and operating procedures for assigned project(s). This individual will play a significant role within the department as a key contributor to the accountability, performance tracking & reporting for each project and the portfolio overall.
• Identify relevant project management quality standards for each initiative and determine how to satisfy them. Promote the concept of project process, cost & resource accountability within initiatives of varying complexity, and initiate action to ensure accountability and project management standards are understood and achieved by all Program and Project Managers.
• Interprets contents of project detailed reports, forecasts and cost reports, and prepares labor and cost reports for Program and Project Managers & Business Sponsors
• Collaborate with the project team leads and business case team to ensure that all costs and benefits are being recorded and correctly tracked
• Aids in estimating work, initial budgets and re-forecasting process
• Ongoing maintenance of an expense tracking tool and data
• Monthly reconciliations of all Monthly Detailed Transaction reports generated through Workday for assigned projects
• Acts as a liaison between project team and accounting departments, such as AP, Financial Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Strategic Sourcing
• Verifies the project budgets using analogies to previous similar projects, and prepares initial or reforecast budget
• Tracks project/program actuals against baseline budget
• Manage invoice processing including coding, approval process and tracking payment. Vendor liaison for invoice questions and discrepancies.
• Prepare year end & month end accruals and track accrual matching
• Responsible for preparing data for customer invoicing
• Responsible for reporting into project governance tools and templates
• Track and promote full compliance with time reporting procedures
• Tracks project changes and impacts to the performance measurement baseline & budget throughout the project life-cycle
• Responsible for setting up and maintaining project/program in Workday, as well as, being the overall 'knowledge coordinator' for to ensures that appropriate records are maintained for each project
• Support the project management and delivery staff through ad hoc requests
• Must have leadership qualities, be able to teach others best practices, processes and tools used
• Must have strong inter-personal, inter-departmental, leadership, and organizational skills, and be able to multi task, and accept & prioritize job assignments from multiple levels and sources at the same time
• Expert account analysis and reconciliation skills
• Deep understanding of project accounting practices and procedures
• Appreciation and general knowledge of basic project management practices
• Proven communication abilities applied throughout all key levels in the organization, including both verbal and written communications
• High adaptability in setting/changing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Must be driven to produce high-quality results
• Expert knowledge of Excel
• Knowledge of Workday Financial Reports or PeopleSoft.