Experience: 4 - 7 years
Title: Implementation Specialist – Oracle / MS SQL Server
Location: Duluth, GA
Travel: 50% to 65%
Type: 3+ Month Contract to Hire
# of Pos: 1
CCCi’s client is currently seeking an Implementation Specialist for 3+ month contract to hire opportunity with our client in Duluth, GA. The Implementation Specialist (IS) is part of a team of associates involved in customer engagements (projects). For new installations, this involves:
- The setup of the hardware, installation of the operating systems and RAID units
- Installation and configuration of all related software
- Documentation of the customer’s system configuration
- Training the customer’s system administrators on the technical aspects of the solution
- Supporting the customer during the execution of their Customer Test Plan, and early production periods to ensure that all systems are functioning properly
- Involved in defining and executing the proper technical implementation plan associated with expanding the system for additional volumes
- Adding new capture or delivery applications,
- Upgrading or replacing existing hardware/software components
- Careful planning and coordination of any required system downtime is a must (Systems are typically used within production)
- Documenting the changes made the customer’s hardware/software configuration
- Re-location / expansion strategies of capabilities across many sites in which the systems are installed
- Provide technical guidance to consultants and implementation requirements.
- Database analysis, design and capacity planning for existing and new customers.
- Installation, configuration, administration, maintenance and performance tuning for Oracle and MS SQL Server Database Servers deployed in high usage, high performance production environment.
- Design, implementation and support for Oracle HA solutions (Oracle RAC, Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams)
- Design and implementation for database backup and recovery.
- Database software upgrades and data migration from previous versions.
- Data migration and conversion (from legacy into DB, mapping and merging, non-partitioned to partitioned, and vice-versa)
- For this position, our client is looking for technical expertise with Oracle and MS SQL Server Database Administration and Support skillsets in MS Windows and UNIX (preferably AIX) environments, with a strong aptitude for learning new technical and system integration type skills. As such, the selected candidate would bring expert level skills in the following Database areas:
- Capacity and Performance Planning for new and existing Oracle and MS SQL Server installations.
- Setup and Installation of Oracle and MS SQL Server software, active/inactive tablespaces, and initial creation and load of databases.
- Troubleshooting, finding root cause, and resolving database performance issues as it pertains to Parameters, Database Setup, Hardware Configurations, and the like.
- Completing complex Data Migration projects to:
- Convert data captured on a legacy system into their new environment.
- Map and merge two systems into a single system for two companies involved in a merger.
- High-Availability features of Oracle, including Oracle RAC, Oracle Streams, and Oracle Data Guard.
- Proficiency with Oracle, including database manipulation, backup/recovery procedures, performance tuning disaster recovery options (including Oracle Data Guard & Oracle RAC), and standard SQL scripting.
- Proficiency with MS SQL Server, including database manipulation, backup/recovery procedures, performance tuning (SQL Profiler), clustering, and standard SQL scripting.
- Proficiency with integrating multiple-vendor software and hardware solutions into a single complete data warehouse type solution (database, workflow engines, hierarchical storage, data protection strategies, high-availability, disaster recovery)
- Familiarity with integrating systems into customer infrastructures including networks, data security.
- Familiarity with UNIX (AIX) and Windows Server Operating System environments.
- Familiarity with RAID subsystems, including Storage Area Networks. This includes fresh installations, as well as expansion of existing storage infrastructures with minimal impacts to production “downtime” and no loss of existing data.
- A majority of the work of an IS will be conducted at customer sites remotely, and as such strong Customer Interaction skills are required.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, integrity, and ethics.
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to effectively conduct presentations.
- Familiarity with UNIX scripting, XML, JAVA, MS Visual Studio, or other similar languages.
- Familiarity with server clusters and clustering technologies.
- Familiarity with virtualization techniques.
- Familiar with Disaster Recover strategies and solutions.
- Familiar with data/system security and privacy requirements and future trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Extensive travel (50-65%) with some weekend and overnight system upgrades required in projects involving upgrades to current production systems.
- Local Candidates ONLY
- No 3rd Parties
- Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
- Sponsorship not available at this time
Oracle, MS SQL Server, UNIX, Database Administration, Unix, AIX, Capacity Planning, Performance Tuning, Tablespaces, Parameters, Database Setup, Hardware Configurations, Oracle RAC, Oracle Streams, Oracle Data Guard, Backup, Recovery, SQL Profiler, SQL Scripting, UNIX Scripting, Clustering, Disaster Recovery
CCCi is an IT Staffing leader in Service, Value and Positive impact.
A WBENC-Certified Woman-Owned Enterprise, CCCi serves a broad and diverse client roster including many midmarket companies and government entities to Fortune 100 companies. Its dedicated teams operate from regional offices in Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte and Dallas. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Atlanta, the company has highly qualified technical consultants on assignment in over 21 states.
With a reputation as a highly ethical business partner, CCCi displays uncompromised integrity and a straightforward approach that includes openness and honesty in all dealings. It eagerly seeks innovation and best practices, developing technical knowledge along with new and enhanced services that help clients create the type of IT organization their business demands.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using Sologig.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Sologig.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Internet - ECommerce