Accumold located in Ankeny, Iowa is looking for a qualified individual interested in the high-tech plastics industry and with the desire to expand their knowledge and grow with our company.
Currently Open: Quality Technician
Responsible for daily production, engineering and customer requested measurements using OGP, Quest and Zygo equipment. Candidate that has experience in metrology and and an aptitude to operate analytical and electronic measuring devices is preferred. Measurements of micro and small injection molded components for medical, micro electronics, micro optics, automotive electronics and military/aerospace customers. State of the art, fully climate controlled facility. See our website at www.accu-mold.com
Summary of Duties:
Our Quality Technicians provide support to Manufacturing, Engineering, and Customers by measuring, testing and inspecting product at the various stages of the production process.
1.Quality Technicians use a variety of equipment to measure small and micro sized parts. May use highly technical electronic devices as well as manual magnification or visual inspection to provide data.
2.The data results are accurately input into spreadsheets and Statistical Process Control Programs. Compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality of products and processes.
3.Completes first article reporting along with narrative of first parts off of new molds.
4.Provides assistance to Production employees regarding quality/measurement issues.
5.Plans measurement techniques and systems to support the accurate and timely gathering and evaluation of data.
6.Conducts GR & R studies as required.
7.Trains other employee regarding new and existing in-process inspection techniques.
8.Maintains calibration of fixtures used in Production and Tool Room.
9.Participates in Customer presentations as required.
*This description is intended only to provide information about the general nature of the job and is not an all-inclusive list of job duties or requirements.
Job requirements include:
- High school education required. Two year technical associate degree and two years manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience or training in the use of testing and measuring equipment such as microscopes, visual systems, digital indicators, micrometers or other inspection equipment used to monitor quality preferred.
- Ability operate computer and to accurately and quickly keyboard data. Enterprise system experience preferred.
- Ability to solve practical problems given concrete variables. Ability to read and write correspondence and understand specification drawings for inspection purposes.
- Must have an understanding of statistics/SPC, metrology, measurement techniques and processes.
- Prior quality system knowledge and experience in manufacturing preferred.
- ASQ certification or desire to achieve certification a plus.
Accumold is a tobacco free facility including, building, grounds and parking lots.
All job offers are contingent upon a background check and drug screen.
Fulltime positions include Health, Dental, Paid Time Off, Life, 401(k) and a Profit Incentive Plan
Wage is commensurate with experience.
5% afternoon (2nd shift) differential, 15% overnight (3rd shift) differential