Java Developer - ECommerce
Our client is looking for Java Developers with an entrepreneurial drive. What we do is interesting, challenging, and can really move things—for both you and your career. We are looking for people who aspire to perform at a higher level both personally and while working together as a team. You will have many opportunities to take an active role and demonstrate your skills. We expect a high level of individual initiative, assertiveness, and the willingness to take on responsibility and to approach this in an enterprising way. Well rounded candidates are encouraged to apply (i.e. knowledge of a variety of technologies, some front end knowledge even though primary focus is back end), good communication/ client facing/ consulting ability is a big plus as well. Please contact me if you know someone in your network or you yourself are interested in more information.
Our client offers the agility of a small, focused team of talented professionals with the backing of a large parent company. Tremendous growth opportunity as the company is just expanding to the Bay Area.
This Java Developer will work as part of a dynamic team to develop, configure, deploy and test E-Commerce solutions for high profile, world-renowned clients. As part of this team you will participate in:
- Fulll lifecycle programming in Java of scalable, maintainable, and well documented ECommerce solutions based on Hybris software
- Unit testing of code
- Experience in developing ECommerce solutions is a strong plus
- Solid analytical, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn, a can do attitude, and motivation to succeed and grow
- Need to be a self starter and somewhat independent; this is not a micromanaged group.
- The right person should be motivated and proactively looking to get things done even if it means a little self-guidance to learn new things.
- Definitely a ‘think outside the box’ group; prides itself on its creativity
- Casual business dress environment while making an impact for large sophisticated clients
- Able to define and chart your contribution throughout the development life cycle (i.e. not stuck on just one part of the process)
The Java Developer should have:
- BS or MS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 year experience with dynamic web technologies (JSP, Servlet, JSF, Struts a plus)
- Preferred Experience: Knowledge of project management tools, bug tracking (such as JIRA, Trac, Bugzilla, Wiki, etc.)Java programming skills, SQL databases (RDBMS), Front and back web technologies, E-Commerce know-how, and Knowledge of a dynamic language (such as Ruby/Python/Perl)
- Working with very large and complex SQL databases
- Troubleshooting through resolution of technical issues and system errors
- Performing testing, documentation, and mentoring/grooming/coaching less technical staff where applicable.
No corp-to-corp please. Local area candidates only.
Dunhill Professional Search is an executive search and management recruiting firm that has assisted companies of all sizes in the selection and recruitment of top talent around the nation. We serve clients in a variety of industries including: information technology, electronics manufacturing, defense, aerospace, energy, and healthcare.
Dunhill was established in 1952 and, looking back, we find that despite the increase in technology, searching for high impact talented players is still done with the same principles we’ve always employed. Networking, becoming involved and knowledgeable within a client centric industry / skill-set niche, and canvassing deep inside of organizations continue to be the most effective means to locate those hard-to-find candidates that are poised for their next career challenge.
Dunhill Professional Search has been consistently recognized by clients as one of the nation’s finest executive search firms to partner with, and is defined by the integrity and ethics provided to candidates and companies alike.
At Dunhill Professional Search, we are dedicated to helping our clients transform their businesses by finding superior leaders whose contributions translate into performance growth. With our esteemed candidates searching for a new opportunity, we offer a unique blend of becoming your career agent and advisor.