This is a pro bono (volunteer) position.
Not for Profit - Charitable
IT & Technical
Information Architects – Design Nonprofit Websites Pro Bono
Do good for your community while using your professional expertise and work with talented peers on a highly structured pro bono project! Taproot makes it easy to make a difference.
Taproot Foundation is a nonprofit organization that makes business talent available to organizations that are working to improve society. We engage marketing, technology, strategy, design, and HR management professionals on pro bono projects, called Service Grants that benefit local nonprofits. Our goal is to ensure that one day all organizations with promising solutions will be equipped to successfully take on urgent social challenges. To date, we have engaged close to 5,000 professionals on close to 2,000 pro bono projects benefiting education, health, environment, social service, and arts initiatives.
Now it’s your turn to join the movement and Make It Matter ©.
Pro Bono Information Architects Needed
Pro bono Information Architects apply their experience with information design to website projects. Information Architects provide critical insight into user experience and help craft user-friendly and intuitive sites.
As an Information Architect, you:
- Help conduct discovery interviews
- Create wireframes, sitemaps, and other components of information design
- Work to ensure that the design process is focused on users
- Meet a tremendous group of like-minded professionals
- Deepen your connection with your community
- Keep your skills sharp by applying them in the nonprofit sector
- Share your expertise with others
- Boost your resume and portfolio
- Stand out from others in your field
- Create lasting relationships
- Network with an active online community of professionals
Successful Information Architects have:
- A multidisciplinary background (and the ability to perform other roles on our projects)
- At least 3-5 years of technology experience
- Created wireframes, site maps, and other elements of information design
- Conducted user research
A Service Grant project is designed to work around your schedule and requires a 3-5 hour commitment each week over the course of approximately 6 months. You can also provide your expertise directly through our online forums—do some micro-bono in your spare time!
Learn more and apply today: https://www.taprootfoundation.org/giveprobono/apply.php