Mining Project Engineer
Our client is one of the most respected full-service, multi-disciplinary civil engineering firms in the country. Since the founding in 1969, our client has remained committed to its original purpose of providing clients with high-quality technical and advisory services in Mining & Energy, Water & Natural
Resources, and Information Technology. Through experienced engineers, computational tools, and experimental methods solving complex engineering problems, our client provides consulting services in engineering analysis (mechanical, thermal, and hydrological), materials testing, and field investigations to solve rock- and soil-mechanics
problems related to mining, resource recovery, and underground storage.
Our client seeks a Mining Project Engineer to join its growing mine-design and ground- control team to support underground mines in hard rock, salt, potash, and other soft rocks. The candidate will enjoy career growth opportunities in rock mechanic design and mining engineering, consulting with clients to aid in the development of our most precious resource.
- Conduct geo-mechanical modeling of mines, caverns, and other underground openings in both soft and hard rock.
- Coordinate and work with materials testing personnel to develop rock mechanics testing programs.
- Coordinate with field personnel to review instrumentation data (related to underground mines and caverns), core data, and other geological data.
- Write reports that describe project approach and present results.
- Interface with other company divisions with respect to groundwater issues related to underground openings.
- Contribute to proposals.
- Bachelors required, Masters of Science degree preferred in Mining, Geological, Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in underground mining
- Direct experience in the geotechnical aspects of mine design is desired
- Experience in rock mechanics, hydrogeology, and mining engineering required.
- Specific expertise in underground construction and storage would supplement these general technical areas.
Search Conducted by:
Matteson Partners is excited and proud to announce our new sister company: ExactSource.
Born in response to the needs and requests of our clients around the country, ExactSource is bringing a new approach and delivery model to fill their talent-sourcing needs - when being EXACT matters.
Our clients in Engineering, IT, and Financial Services have asked us to leverage our proprietary applicant matching and evaluation platform with a sourcing and delivery model that is both flexible and scalable, to provide an end-to-end hiring solution.