Experience: 6 - 9 years
CCCi has a 6 month contract [W2 only] opportunity for a DB2 DBA to join our energy client in Charlotte, NC. The Mainframe DBA team is responsible for the 24x7 availability of mission critical databases in Production, User Acceptance, Development, and Test environments for fast-paced delivery. There is a high expectation in availability and performance to support the various mainframe applications within the company.
DB2 DBA Responsibilities:
- The Mainframe DBA team is responsible for the build, ongoing maintenance, failure avoidance, detection and repair of mainframe databases associated with the customer applications.
- Mainframe DBA’s will provide consulting to business clients and IT management staff on the security for application processes and the performance of application processes.
- Works with data architects to implement physical data base designs.
- Works with information security to aid them in implementing application security.
DB2 DBA Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 6-9 years of experience as a Mainframe DB2 Database Admin.
- Must have experience with DB2 related tools (e.g. SQL, QMF, SPUFI, BMC APPTUNE, BMC Catalog Manager, IBM OPTIM and CA related tools).
- Solid development or operational IT Experience.
- Experience supporting large, complex, high-availability systems.
- Experience supporting DB2 z/OS v9.1 application databases.
- Experience with REXX, CDBREXX, and DSNREXX.
- Usage of DB2 related tools (e.g. SQL, QMF, SPUFI, CA and IBM Database Tools and Utilities), IBM OPTIM, Datapropagator.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Flexible, able to follow processes, and excellent communication skills. On-call rotation availability.
- Preference will be given to those with experience coding with REXX, CDBREXX, and DSNREXX.
- Experience with DB2 z/OS v10 or migration to v10.
- Experience with DB2 Connect Gateway v9.7 on AIX v6.1.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply technical concepts.
- Solid problem solver.
- Able to follow processes and procedures.
- Ability to learn new skills in a fast paced environment.
- No 3rd Parties / W2 only
- Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
- Sponsorship is not being offered at this time
REXX, CDBREXX, DSNREXX, DB2 z/OS, DB2 Connect Gateway v9.7, AIX v6.1, . SQL, QMF, SPUFI, CA, IBM, SQL, QMF, SPUFI, BMC APPTUNE, BMC Catalog Manager, OPTIM, Datapropagator
CCCi is an IT Staffing leader in Service, Value and Positive impact.
A WBENC-Certified Woman-Owned Enterprise, CCCi serves a broad and diverse client roster including many midmarket companies and government entities to Fortune 100 companies. Its dedicated teams operate from regional offices in Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte and Dallas. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Atlanta, the company has highly qualified technical consultants on assignment in over 21 states.
With a reputation as a highly ethical business partner, CCCi displays uncompromised integrity and a straightforward approach that includes openness and honesty in all dealings. It eagerly seeks innovation and best practices, developing technical knowledge along with new and enhanced services that help clients create the type of IT organization their business demands.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using Sologig.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Sologig.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Internet - ECommerce
IT & Technical