Red Bridge Consulting Group is currently looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer. We do not work with third parties. We cannot work with candidates that require sponsorship. Position is full time and could require up to 25% travel.
The Business Intelligence Engineer is responsible for design, development and testing of reporting solutions, project SQL tuning and database specific tasks. In this role the engineer works directly with customers and cross-functional teams.
Business Intelligence Engineer Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a dynamic, success-driven development team to develop and implement and deliver and customer solutions.
- Effectively communicate design proposals in both verbal and written form.
- Lead presales offering meetings.
- Lead development and supporting efforts from inception to delivery for customers and internal service teams.
- Identify performance improvement opportunities and work with the development team to improve overall application performance.
- Provide management with project status updates on a regular basis.
Business Intelligence Engineer Skills and Abilities Required:
- Highly-motivated team player with strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to design, document and implement solutions pertaining to reporting solutions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Business Objects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of advanced SQL including complex joins, as well as platform specific knowledge of Stored Procedures.
- Performance tuning skills in SQL statement and database management systems tuning.
- Experience in developing and maintaining user defined functions, stored procedures and triggers using SQL and Java languages.
- Sound understanding of advanced database management system concepts including schema, tablespace and container management, federation, clustering, and high availability are desired.
- Working / Administrative knowledge of Oracle and SQL Server.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server and Unix.
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience