Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Genesis10 is seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst. This is for a Contract to Hire position in Southeast, Michigan.
Our client offers competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401K.
The Senior QA Analyst performs the testing of given product/application, interacts with clients (internal and external), and formalizes test strategies and plans.
- Mentors and trains less experienced QA team members in test procedures and processes
- Tracks and communicates key QA project metrics
- Communicates task progress and status of deliverables to the QA Lead
- Communicates with confidence to external customers
- Assists in the development of estimates for proposals and projects
- Carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet customer standards and user requirements
- Assists the development team in creating, implementing, and maintaining test documents
- Coordinates the creation of system Test Plans, Test Cases, and test execution with the test team
- Coordinates defect validation with test team and assists the development team in recreating defects
- Creates and maintains testing environments
- Monitors product quality throughout the release life cycle
- Develops and institutes quality processes
- Evaluates readiness of product for customer availability
- 5-6 years of experience in Quality Assurance (web based testing)
- Can demonstrate their ability to make constant data driven decisions and reports
- Experience and knowledge of Risk Based testing techniques
- Experience in White Box testing and able to understand quality metrics from the development organization (Continuous Integration dashboard such as Sonar and its plug-ins)
- Experience with Test Automation
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse team (internal and external)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Has basic hands-on programming background (C, VB, C++ or Java)
- Hands on experience with SQL and SQL query tools
- Manual testing; develop SQL queries and scripts
- Strong XML knowledge and have worked on WebServices based projects
- Strong knowledge of Windows and UNIX/Linux Operating systems
- Strong ability to work in a collaborative environment under challenging deadlines
- Working knowledge of additional tools such as Functional Test, Service Test, SOAP UI, and Selenium.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Holds QA certifications from industry leading organizations such as QAI and/or CQA is a Plus
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills is a MUST
- Experience working as Test/QA Analyst in large complex enterprise class, business critical applications or products
- Experience dealing with large/complex project(s) – a MUST
- SQL experience (absolutely hands-on with SQL queries and scripts)
- Experienced in Manual and Automation testing environments- a MUST
- Portal Testing is most PREFERRED
- AUTOMATION background is most PREFERRED
- UNIX is a MUST
- XML/WebServices Testing experience is a Must (or a huge Plus)
- Agile experience is a Big Plus
If you’re at the top of your industry and looking for projects commensurate with your experience and expertise, you’re in good company with Genesis10.
We believe that candidates are much more than the sum of their resume entries. That’s why we want to get to know you as a person, not just as a professional. When we understand your goals and aspirations, we can make more informed choices regarding the projects and clients we recommend for you.
Our ultimate goal is to build long-term relationships that lead from project to project. We succeed by keeping you engaged, paying market rates and delivering measurable and consistent value to our clients—preferably clients in your local area. Keeping things local means we can help you balance work with what really matters: your life.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using Sologig.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Sologig.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
IT & Technical
Stay in touch with hot career listings,
business articles & more.