Our client is looking for a Business Analyst for a 4+ month project in the greater Sacramento, CA.
Experience using the Unified Modeling Language (UML) preferred; strong knowledge of the PC and related software; ability to tabulate, extract, graph and analyze data; demonstrates strong analytical/statistical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project, Powerpoint, Access, and other computer software applications; the ability to solve problems quickly and accurately. In addition, this position requires excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; and ability to work as a team member, as well as independently. Ideal candidate would have knowledge of state government, experience using database applications or SQL and/or an understanding of Windows NT and desktop operating systems. Experience with Crystal Reports and any DBA duties would be highly desired.
1. Serves as a primary point of contact with project staff and/or clients to define the business and technical requirements of assigned projects.
2. Acts as primary liaison between project business staff and technical staff.
3. Responsible for gaining a detailed understanding of components of the business and translating that knowledge into the requirements for systems or processes
4. May lead area of requirements development including workplan development and task, timeline, and resource management.
5. Defines and documents data file extracts, automated process flows, and report structure, image, and content to support application development, enhancement, and maintenance.
6. Performs workflow modeling, process modeling, and logical data management.
7. Designs, documents and produces ad-hoc reports for supported projects that tabulate, summarize, and report data to support project activities.
8. Evaluates and recommends enhancements to application efficiency and reliability.
9. Tests application processes and participates in design and code walkthroughs.
10. Audits, evaluates, tracks, and reports implementation and activity of project applications for QA/QC compliance.
11. Assists with system support activities to address requested changes and enhancements.
12. Perform role across multiple projects for potentially multiple clients.
13. Performs normal administrative functions associated with a professional position, such as time reporting, forecasting, and project status reporting.
14. Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
Randstad Technologies is an EOE-M/F/V/D and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world.