Integration Engineer – Platform Engineering
The Integration engineer will work with the Online Banking Platforms to design, develop and support Infrastructure and Platform level changes. The platform has growing need to support multiple J2EE compliant applications in a distributed environment. In this regard the engineer will be required to –
Ø Collaborate with the infrastructure and application architects, senior developers to evolve and maintain the detailed design of the platform.
Ø Deliver the Development and Systems Integration testing environments and related tools (like remote debugging capabilities) for these applications developed from geographically distributed locations in WFIS (India) and in ISD (Internet Services Development – San Francisco, Charlotte)
Ø Work with the development team to validate and signoff environment changes in SIT (System Integration Testing)
Ø Collaborate with the Preproduction and Production support teams to facilitate rolling out platform changes to other environments (like QA, Performance Test and Production). This includes documentation and knowledge transfer.
- 10-15 years of application development and systems engineering background
- 6-7 years should have been directly related to 3 tier J2EE Web application engineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the areas of System Administration and Infrastructure management.
- Extensive hands-on skills and ability to mentor and lead other engineers.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- 6+ years of experience in engineering and supporting web applications on Linux and/or Solaris
- 5+ years of experience in BEA Web Logic 9.x (or later). This should include experience with Administration, Configuration and Support
- 2+ years of experience in Apache or Spring Source Tomcat 5.x/6.x Application Server or similar application servers. This should include advanced Administration, Configuration and Support.
- Experience with managing applications built on Spring MVC or similar frameworks.
- 3-4 years of experience working on capacity planning and performance tuning of J2EE applications and platforms, using Java profilers or Wily Introscope.
- Knowledge in clustering, JMS, JDBC Connection Pools, J2EE Deployments, Thread Dump Analysis essential.
- Experience with performance testing tools like LoadRunner
- Experience with monitoring tools/frameworks like Nagios, OpenView, OpsView desirable
- Experience with Shell, Perl (use of perl packages, modules) or Jython scripting essential
- Experience with Sun One Web Server or Apache
- Experience with Big-IP F5 and load-balancing
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot in a 3 tier J2EE application environment on UNIX essential
- Strong analytical, technical documentation and business communication skills required.
- Must demonstrate solid understanding of SDLC and change control processes.
- Experience in web-services integration using JAXB/Axis/XML Beans
- Experience in Clear Case or other version control system
- Working experience with any open source deployment tools, like Puppet is a plus
- Working experience with SUN N1SPS is a big plus.
Randstad Technologies is an EOE-M/F/V/D and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world.