Application Database Developer
Application Database Developer
7 people needed! This role will be responsible for working as a member of an agile software development team delivering working software for our business lines. The team is building out a large-scale Operational Data Store which relies on innovative design solutions to process the data volumes which continuously push the limits of commercial database technologies. The ideal candidate for this position should have 8+ years worth of experience in multi-tiered application database development. The candidate must be a self-starter with strong problem solving and communication skills.
Requirements of the Application Database Developer:
- Minimum 8+ years as an Oracle Application Database Developer.
- Minimum 3+ years using Oracle RAC or Exadata platforms.
- Minimum 3+ years experience developing Data Warehouses, Operational Data Stores and ETL solutions.
- Minimum 3+ years programming experience in an object originated language such as Java.
- Ability to optimize queries and perform PL/SQL code profiling.
- Advanced understanding of Data Modeling, Java, and JMS (Solace appliance as a plus).
- Familiarity with agile software development processes.
- Strong understanding of how to develop unit testable code using testing frameworks like JUnit and/or utPLSQL.
- Practical experience with Build Tools (preferably Maven), Source Code Control (preferably SVN), Continuous Integration (Hudson, Jenkins or TeamCity)
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to accurately estimate development and testing effort.
- Ability to designs application components using functional specifications.
- Ability to produce technical design and documentation.
- UNIX shell scripting experience is a plus.
7 people are needed! While someone with all the listed skills would be great, it is not expected. Some of the team needs to have Java and some needs to be Oracle. Everyone will be trained on the pieces they don't have. Must have experience in an Agile environment.
This is a direct hire opportunity with one of our clients in Cary, NC. The expected salary range is $80,000 - $105,000, plus bonus and one of the best benefits packages in town. Relocation assistance available, and client sponsors for people with at least 2 years remaining on their current visa.
Apply for this position now through CareerBuilder, or by sending a Word resume to Scott Boren at sboren AT hirenetworks.com. To help ensure a timely response, include the reference code CBSB-3711 in the subject heading of your email message.
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase… it’s not about what you know, it’s about who you know?
At HireNetworks, it really is all about who we know.
Whether you are a first time job seeker, looking to make a career change or a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand… Apply today, and let HireNetworks put our networks to work for you!
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.
Based in Raleigh, N.C., HireNetworks provides strategic recruiting, staffing, vendor management and HR consulting services to blue chip, international and emerging-growth companies. We focus on providing elite, pre-screened personnel for the information technology, life sciences and semiconductor sectors.