Linux Systems Engineer
Experience: 5 - 9 years
CCCi has a contract to perm opening for a Linux Systems Engineer with UNIX and Storage Systems experience in Atlanta, GA (Perimeter area). The Linux Systems Engineer will serve as a technology owner for ongoing activities related to Linux Server operating systems and hardware. He or she evaluates, designs and deploys infrastructure systems to establish and enhance Linux Server services and related components and evaluates and develops relevant standards and best practices to insure that servers and services are available, extensible and efficient.
Linux Systems Engineer Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience
- Experience on projects, presenting Linux technology, determining and executing customizations on Linux servers
- Demonstrable advanced knowledge of current and past:
- Linux Server operating systems
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Standard and Advanced Platform
- Intel-based 32-bit and 64-bit server hardware platforms (HP & Dell)
- Virtual Server Environments
- SSH, TCP/IP networking, Bind DNS, NFS, SAMBA, LVM, SMTP, user account management, Sudo access, and securing the Linux OS
- Operating RHEL in an Oracle RAC/ASM environment is a requirement.
Linux Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design, deploy, administer, and maintain Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, including TCP/IP network, storage (SAN and local disk).
- Interface with customers, peers and managers to evaluate and understand business needs.
- Perform and assist others with troubleshooting of issues and problems.
- Assist in resolving service requests for Linux Server hardware and OS related incidents.
- Collaborate and consult with key technical staff to design solutions that meet business requirements.
- Serve as a project resource to successfully complete assigned tasks on time and on budget.
- Maintain and increase knowledge and proficiency of appropriate technical competencies.
- Liaise with other technical team leads, architects and managers on project scope, cost, and technical designs.
- Work with vendors to evaluate products and solutions that might improve or enhance the services provided by the group.
- Review and assist with backup and recovery design and planning.
- Perform regular server maintenance including the patch and update management of Linux Servers, components and hardware.
- Troubleshoot and assist others with root cause analysis and reporting.
- Perform other technical functions related to Linux servers as requested by management.
- Work independently as the primary technical resource and/or subject matter expert assigned to a project or group of projects.
- Prepare and deliver status reports for current activities and projects.
- Other duties as required and/or requested by management.
Local Candidates Preferred
Background and Drug Screen Required
Linux, Server Solution, customization, RHL, Enterprise, Infrastructure, Oracle, Logs, Servers, Configuration
CCCi is an IT Staffing leader in Service, Value and Positive impact.
A WBENC-Certified Woman-Owned Enterprise, CCCi serves a broad and diverse client roster including many midmarket companies and government entities to Fortune 100 companies. Its dedicated teams operate from regional offices in Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte and Dallas. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Atlanta, the company has highly qualified technical consultants on assignment in over 21 states.
With a reputation as a highly ethical business partner, CCCi displays uncompromised integrity and a straightforward approach that includes openness and honesty in all dealings. It eagerly seeks innovation and best practices, developing technical knowledge along with new and enhanced services that help clients create the type of IT organization their business demands.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using Sologig.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Sologig.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Internet - ECommerce
Engineering & Aerospace
IT & Technical