Currently we are seeking individuals for the following position:
Online Content Manager / Technical Writer
Pay Rate: $24 - 34 per hour
Online Content Manager / Technical Writer Job Responsibilities
• Input and maintain all topic content into the appropriate categorization including policies, processes, procedures etc. in a concise and timely manner
• Author content to align with provided writing guidelines and voice of the customer
• Appropriately tag content with metadata to improve content reuse and ensure correct placement within online resources
• Work with Product Management team to author various support content with the online resources
• Designs content that enables the successful implementation of client Wireless initiatives
• Participates on core teams in support of developing and drafting online and performance support content
• Work directly with Marketing, Customer Service and Sales to ensure correct and accurate product presentation
• Responsible for authoring online content and performance support materials for specific projects, programs, pricing, etc.
• Partner with cross functional subject matter experts in creation of materials
• Capture operational business requirements in written form in a way that is easy to use for the end-user (frontline retail, telesales, customer service, etc)
• Design and/or load documents and references into online resources
• Create and load needed forms and letters into online resources
• Partner cross-functionally with communications team to launch online resources and communications concurrently
• Proactively identify performance reinforcement needs and process improvement ideas
• Participate in online reference tool development, standardization, and enhancement projects
• Participate in UAT testing of different Enterprise Content Management and Knowledge Management Application enhancements
• Assist team with topic clean-up and other content improvement initiatives
Online Content Manager / Technical Writer Skills Required to be considered:
• 2+ years authoring experience in training development or technical writing
• Background in knowledge management including understanding of Taxonomy, Metadata, and HTML
• Microsoft Suite proficiency
• Strong business acumen
• 2+ years wireless experience
• Experience with a Content Management System (such as RedDot or Documentum)
• Ability to identify gaps in process
• Ability to ask the right questions
• Strong technical writing skills, understanding of content modeling and metadata
• Exceptional and proven presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
• Strong, thorough knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Outlook and Excel, or other document preparation tools
• In-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of policies, procedures and functions
• Ability to effectively negotiate solutions and deadlines with others at all levels of the business
• Ability to effectively consult and communicate with internal teams
• Must be able to meet tight deadlines and have a strong customer focus
• Independent worker, self-motivated and strong decision-maker
• Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment and provide rapid turn-around on deliverables
• Strength in managing time, multi-tasking, and advanced organizational skills
• Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills
• Teamwork oriented
• Demonstrated critical-thinking, negotiation and analytical skills
• Working knowledge of web-based applications
• Ability to effectively relay complex information to others in any level of the business
• Proven ability to cross organization/department lines and interface with all levels of management to achieve project success.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and work in a high-energy, dynamic, and sometimes unstructured environment.
• Conflict management skills
• Available to work occasional evenings and/or weekends as needed for support of specific product, process, or system launches.
• ** Candidates must have a clean MVR record, proof of insurance and a valid driver's license. They may be required to travel up to 25%
Online Content Manager / Technical Writer Minimum Education Required:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
The Bartech Group, one of America's largest and fastest-growing staffing firms, continues to elevate the staffing industry to a higher level of thinking. Bartech Enterprise Staffing specializes in temporary and direct placement of Engineering, IT, Technical, Finance & Accounting, and Professional staff.
When you join The Bartech Group you launch a career. We support you with a comprehensive benefit plan, offering exceptional medical, dental, and vision care; life and disability insurance; paid time off including holidays; and 401K.