Director R&D / New Product Development Ceramics
Our client is a world leading Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specializing in the development and production of innovative, dental/orthodontic products. With their technology and a commitment to excellence, they are dedicated to delivering custom solutions to its customers worldwide. They also holds several patents for designs, features, and production methods in their industry.
Job Purpose: The Director R&D ( Research & Development ) specializing in Ceramic (Alumina or Aluminum Oxide) will direct and implement all research and development objectives and initiatives and will be responsible for managing the design and development process around new and revised products. Furthermore, as part of the leadership team, this individual will play a vital role in process improvements across the organization, particularly production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees projects from concept to implementation.
- Defines product requirements, develops and refines designs, and determines tests required.
- Developing prototypes for range of products based on company's technology
- Lead the R&D team to assure effectiveness of the team’s activities.
- Directly responsible for developing new and improving existing products
- Evaluates competitors and identifies new product opportunities
- Conducts patent searches and facilitates patent applications
- Researches new technologies as part of the companies long term strategy
- Identifies new product concepts to achieve sustainable profitable growth
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Advanced degree in engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in R&D/New Product Development role
- Solidworks 3D CAD proficiency
- Experience in dental/orthodontic or medical device industry preferred but not required.
- Experience with or technical understanding of alumina or aluminum oxide (ceramics), polyurethane or related materials.
- Experience in industrial automation preferred (not required)
- Strategic ability to develop goals, tactics and priorities in the implementation of new products from the ground up
- Experience in leading, motivating, training R&D staff to meet and exceed goals and objectives
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable self-starter with a positive attitude
- Ability to modulate with a dynamic workload: From heavy multi-tasking during peak workloads - to very focused, detail-oriented work during critical projects
- Strong project management, organizational, and communication skills are required.
- Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a consistent basis
- Exceptionally high level of commitment to the success of individuals and overall projects
Dunhill Professional Search is an executive search and management recruiting firm that has assisted companies of all sizes in the selection and recruitment of top talent around the nation. We serve clients in a variety of industries including: information technology, electronics manufacturing, defense, aerospace, energy, and healthcare.
Dunhill was established in 1952 and, looking back, we find that despite the increase in technology, searching for high impact talented players is still done with the same principles we’ve always employed. Networking, becoming involved and knowledgeable within a client centric industry / skill-set niche, and canvassing deep inside of organizations continue to be the most effective means to locate those hard-to-find candidates that are poised for their next career challenge.
Dunhill Professional Search has been consistently recognized by clients as one of the nation’s finest executive search firms to partner with, and is defined by the integrity and ethics provided to candidates and companies alike.
At Dunhill Professional Search, we are dedicated to helping our clients transform their businesses by finding superior leaders whose contributions translate into performance growth. With our esteemed candidates searching for a new opportunity, we offer a unique blend of becoming your career agent and advisor.