Job Title: Materials Manager
Pay Rate: $80,000 - $105,000 /Year
Job Type: Engineering & Aerospace
Materials Manager Job
Manufacturing company is looking to hire a Materials Manager with 7-10+ years of materials management and production planning experience in a manufacturing environment. Roughly 75% of your focus will be on materials management and 25% on production planning. Any experience with extrusion manufacturing is a PLUS. Excellent pay, benefits, & relocation program.
- Responsible for the physical procurement of materials & flow of materials through the production process maximizing production efficiency
- Managing raw materials, WIP and FG inventory to meet plant productivity and inventory goals
- Establishes methods for determining the time and quantity of process capabilities within the plant and/or with suppliers based on varying product mix, and machine and manpower availability
- Supporting the achievement of plant inventory dollar objectives, regularly reviewing work center capacity/staffing, process improvement and purchasing of raw materials
- Supports a manufacturing facility to include a Regional Distribution Center and manage 3 direct reports (2 Planning Coordinators & 1 Purchasing Coordinator)
- Develop plans, measures and controls for establishing inventory mix requirements and levels of materials, components and products in all stages of production and distribution
- Creates, distributes, and over sees the execution of achievable production schedules and coordinates changes to the schedule
- Works with Utility Supply Chain Manager on forecasting activity and production planning
- Supervises the purchase /release of raw materials into production, the creation and modification of the master schedule and the shipment of product
- 7-10+ years of materials management and production planning experience in a manufacturing environment
- Process manufacturing background with extrusion experience is preferred
- Bachelor degree needed
- APICS certification a PLUS
- In-depth Knowledge of computerized manufacturing systems, and concepts (i.e., MRP, JIT, SPC)
- Strong database background, comfortable with a variety of software systems, including spreadsheets
- Excellent benefits package
Keywords: business systems, process improvement, process efficiency, work flow, workflow, information flow, process flow, reengineering, re-engineering, process design, process redesign, process analyst, business requirements, it requirements, it requirement, business consulting, business needs, needs assessment, business processes, mrp, spc, material resource, material management, mapics, bpics, apics, tqm, cim, jit, mtm, cim, mapics, bpics, apics, manufacturing, fabrication, materials manager, buyer, purchasing agent, cpm, cpim, materials management, napm, purchasing manager, manager of purchasing, materials planner, c.p.m., procurement, certified purchasing, c.p.i.m., buyer, purchsing department, sourcing coordinator, supply chain, procurement specialist, planner, scheduler, purchasing, materials manager, primavera, senior planner, junior planner, senior scheduler, junior scheduler, microsoft project Materials Manager Job
Materials Manager Job -> When you apply to this job you will be asked the following questions: How many years of experience do you have as a Materials Manager in a manufacturing environment? Do you have experience managing people? Have you managed Production Planning Coordinators & Purchasing Coordinators? How much of your experience is in materials management vs production planning? Do you have any experience with extrusion manufacturing? Do you have a BS degree?
Randstad Engineering has matched tens of thousands of engineering and technical experts like you to opportunities in your field since 1988. Our recruiters identify your strengths, your unique talents and what you want to achieve to place you in organizations that make the most of your skills—so you can have true impact. With degreed engineers from a wide variety of backgrounds and expert technical recruiters among our staff, you’ll have specialists who understand the industry landscape working with you. We have a wide network of client relationships, including direct and sometimes exclusive communication with hiring managers. That means we have access to a range of opportunities that you’ll only find by working with us, so we can connect you to the positions that fit you, your expertise, your aspirations.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using Sologig.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Sologig.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.