Sr Midrange Server Engineer
Experience: 8 - 10 years
CCCi seeks a Senior Midrange Server Engineer for a 3 month contract with our client in Alpharetta, GA. The Senior Midrange Server Engineer will design, implement and support midrange server solutions throughout the enterprise.
Senior Midrange Server Engineer Responsibilities
- Produce conceptual designs and Level0/Level1 cost estimates for midrange server solutions, adhering to architecture standards
- Engage on Business Unit projects to elicit requirements, specifications and project scope
- Create Detailed Designs and Build Instructions for project Build teams
- Support Project Managers in a consultative capacity during project implementations
- Research and test midrange products and tools to maintain currency and enhance functionality
- Provide Level 3 diagnosis and advanced troubleshooting when required
Senior Midrange Server Engineer Requirements
- 8+ years experience working in complex midrange server environments
- Ability to compare different vendor offerings and make decisions based on best fit for the requirement.
- Extensive server hardware product knowledge to include:
HP blade and rack mounted server models
HP Virtual Connect
HP Insight Manager
IBM x-Series and p-Series server models
Extensive server Operating System product knowledge to include:
RedHat Linux v5.x and v6.x
MS Windows Server 2008 and 2012
Other UNIX/*NIX operating systems as business needs require
- Extensive knowledge of server virtualization technologies, including Microsoft HyperV
- Extensive knowledge of SAN and storage technologies to include:
Hitachi Tier 1 and 2 arrays
IBM Tier 1 and 2 arrays
BlueArc NAS appliances
Brocade SAN switches
Virtual Instruments Fiberchannel monitoring
- Knowledge of Middleware and Application development platforms to the extent needed to complete responsibilities
- Extensive experience researching, designing and implementing industry-standard server management tools and utilities
- Strong technical background in data center technologies including IP networking, physical cabling and facilities management
- Strong analytical, design, engineering, planning and problem solving skills
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Vendor Management and interface to refine designs and stay current on industry solutions
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in a related discipline is required
- Certifications in one or more of the required technologies
- Strong networking and security related skills, including:
Cisco NEXUS switches and routers
F5 BIG-IP and Global-IP load balancers
Routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF
WAN services such as MPLS, Frame-relay, Metro Ethernet and VPN
- Familiarity with Project Management methodologies and tools
- Knowledge of credit reporting industryr
- Candidates must pass a stringent credit check, drug test and background check.
Midrange, HP Blade, SUSE, SAN, Storage, RedHat Linux, IP Networking, Server Hardware, Cisco NEXUS, F5 BIG-IP, Global-IP load balancers, Checkpoint Firewalls, Routing protocols, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, WAN, MPLS, Frame-relay, Metro Ethernet, VPN, HP blade and rack mounted server models, HP Virtual Connect, HP Insight Manager, IBM x-Series and p-Series server models, server Operating System, SUSE Linux, SUSE Manager
CCCi is an IT Staffing leader in Service, Value and Positive impact.
A WBENC-Certified Woman-Owned Enterprise, CCCi serves a broad and diverse client roster including many midmarket companies and government entities to Fortune 100 companies. Its dedicated teams operate from regional offices in Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte and Dallas. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Atlanta, the company has highly qualified technical consultants on assignment in over 21 states.
With a reputation as a highly ethical business partner, CCCi displays uncompromised integrity and a straightforward approach that includes openness and honesty in all dealings. It eagerly seeks innovation and best practices, developing technical knowledge along with new and enhanced services that help clients create the type of IT organization their business demands.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using Sologig.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Sologig.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Internet - ECommerce
Engineering & Aerospace