Princeton Information is building out its web development team and is looking to add a mid-level Java Developer to work in Sterling, VA. The ideal candidate will be working in an agile environment where the application is an extensive B2B application using some of the newest technologies.
The ideal candidate will have the following required experience and skills:
• Knowledge of MVC framework and Java design patterns (DTO, DAO)
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in J2EE
• Minimum of 4 years of experience programming in Java
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in web-related and client-server/web service applications development
• Minimum of 3years in SQL preferably with PL/SQL and Oracle
• The ideal candidate will have the following desired skills and/or experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is preferred
• Basic proficiency in software development using Java, JSP, Oracle PL/SQL, XML, Struts
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Ability to multi-task and work in a an agile and deadline-oriented environment
• Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
• Experience with WebMethods is preferred
• Knowledge or experience with PEGA is preferred.
The consultant will have the following responsibilities:
• Work independently on a small team for a business-critical project
• Writing code in Java, HTML, SQL, PL/SQL
• Performing unit and integration level testing of developed code.
• Independently develop and integrate small to medium complex software assignments.
• Understanding and following standard coding processes.
• Using tools to commit code to a repository and track the changes in a release.
• Updating managers and teammates on statuses of in-flight and upcoming tasks.
Princeton Information is one of the nation's top five privately-held IT consulting firms, in business since 1985. Princeton Information services a clientele of primarily Fortune 500 companies nationwide. With annual revenues over $120 million, Princeton Information operates across the US from multiple regional offices.
Our Commitment to Our Consultants
As a privately held company, Princeton Information is solely committed to the success of clients and consultants - not to any shareholders. PI's success is grounded in the relationships we build with our consultants. We seek the best people; provide career path counseling; as well as the most challenging opportunities in business and in IT. As part of its culture of loyalty and commitment to its consultants, Princeton Information is committed to doing all we can to ensure our consultants have the best possible search, placement and work experience possible.
Working with one Princeton Recruiter will gain you access to over 500 open requirements with the top clients in the US across all industries (finance, insurance, pharmaceutical, commercial, telecom, media, manufacturing) nationwide. Our local recruiters have in-depth knowledge of our clients and opportunities. They will work with you to find you the best possible opportunities for you and your career.
Our relationships with our clients, as well as our consultants, are critical to our success! We have a robust sales organization that ensures that Princeton has the inside track on what attributes a person needs in order to be successfully placed and engaged at our clients. We know the technical and non-technical skills that our clients are looking for and we ensure that you are educated about the client prior to your interview with them. Princeton is committed to going above and beyond to ensure that each meeting you have with a client is a successful one!