K&L Gates LLP comprises nearly 2,000 lawyers who practice in 47 offices located on five continents: Anchorage, Austin, Beijing, Berlin, Boston, Brussels, Charleston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Doha, Dubai, Fort Worth, Frankfurt, Harrisburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Milan, Moscow, Newark, New York, Orange County, Palo Alto, Paris, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, Research Triangle Park, San Diego, San Francisco, São Paulo, Seattle, Shanghai, Singapore, Spokane, Taipei, Tokyo, Warsaw and Washington.
K&L Gates represents leading global corporations, growth and middle-market companies, capital markets participants and entrepreneurs in every major industry group as well as public sector entities, educational institutions, philanthropic organizations and individuals. Our practice is a robust full market practice - cutting edge, complex and dynamic, at once regional, national and international in scope. Over the last three years our revenues exceeded $1 Billion and, as stated in the July 2010 issue of the UK publication Legal Business, the firm "has further cemented its position as the Global 100's fastest growing firm."
In addition to numerous specific recognitions of the firm's partners, practices, offices and markets, our recent firmwide recognitions include:
- In 2012, K&L Gates was ranked among the top 20 law firm brands in the United States, according to the U.S. Law Firm Brand Index Report published by leading market research company Acritas in a study that was noted in The American Lawyer's The Am Law Daily.
- The October 2010 issue of The American Lawyer ranked K&L Gates first among the "Global 100" in the Recession Performance Index, which measures compound annual growth rate from 2007 to 2009 of revenue, revenue per lawyer, profits per partner, and lawyer headcount.
- The 2011 U.S. News & World Report-Best Lawyers survey awarded K&L Gates 224 First-Tier rankings, including 35 national rankings and 189 metropolitan rankings in 19 locations, following the 2010 inaugural survey of clients and lawyers in which U.S. News & World Report-Best Lawyers reported that K&L Gates earned more First-Tier rankings than any other law firm.
- The 2010 BTI survey of corporate counsel (covering over 500 law firms) included the firm in the elite "BTI Client Service 30."
- The October 2011 issue of The American Lawyer ranked K&L Gates 13th among the "Global 100" in lawyer headcount.
- The October 2011 issue of The American Lawyer ranked K&L Gates 20th among the "Global 100" in revenues.
- The September 25, 2009 "Boss Talk" column of the Wall Street Journal featured the firm.
- The November 2009 issue of The American Lawyer featured the firm.
- In May 2011, Law360 included the firm within its "Global 20" as one of the world's "preeminent" global law firms.
- In 2009, The Lawyer included the firm on the short-list for "International Law Firm of the Year."
- In 2009 and 2011, Legal Business included the firm on the short-list for "US Law Firm of the Year."