Red Bridge has an immediate opening for a Senior Software Engineer for a full time position with one of our clients. We do not work with third parties and can not work with candidates that require sponsorship.
The Senior Software Engineer is a key member of the Company’s Research group. This individual is a performance-minded engineer who helps improve the quality attributes of our software product lines, while simultaneously reducing consumption of key resources. This person is very comfortable digging into complex systems, identifying optimizations, and working with team members to develop solutions. These solutions often span multiple layers of the application and require creative, unconventional thinking. This engineer works on a small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be adaptable and passionate to tackle new problems as Company continues to push technology forward.
The Senior Software Engineer responsibilities include managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables; analyzing and improving the performance of the application framework, metadata layer, and application logic for the Company’s Enterprise; and developing performance improvements to the application.
This position involves interaction with members of the Development, QA and Product Management teams. Tasks include analysis, design, implementation, and performance testing; and providing related documentation that could be used for enterprise patterns and practices relating to quality attributes such as performance, scalability, deployability, testability and maintainability..
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the end-to-end performance (application to system infrastructure to the hardware) using Application Performance Monitoring/Profiling tools
- Identify and/or investigate solutions for improving performance of all components – Server (C++), Services (WCF), Web (ASP.NET), and Database (SQL Server/Oracle).
- Participate in discussions of architecture design changes and provide feedback on feasibility and value to the business
- Provide advanced technical support for team members
- Develop enterprise patterns and practices for consumption by other groups (Services, Support, QA, Development)
- Collect, track, summarize and report on performance tests to ensure consistency over time.
- Set Performance and TCO goals for future platforms