Must have Avionic Technical Writing Experience!
Avionics Technical WriterDescription:The Technical Writer will be responsible for preparing commercial aircraft avionics technical documentation to include avionics product operation and maintenance manuals, systems flowcharts and diagrams, product and systems training documentation, and other product and support equipment manuals as required. Technical writing source material comes in the forms of engineering drawings, software description documents, test plans, design specifications and documentation, as well as discussions with engineers, technicians, program managers, and customers.Responsibilities:
- Research, document, and draft detailed avionics systems operation procedures, maintenance procedures, troubleshooting procedures, fault isolation procedures, checklists, technical specifications, field alert bulletins, training materials, and other procedures and reports in accordance with company, customer, and FAA requirements.
- Develop and review existing and new technical documents for content, accuracy, clarity, format, and version control. Recommend revisions or changes in approaches, scope, format, methods of document production and distribution.
- Selects or recommends use of layouts, graphics, drawings, tables, exhibits, illustrations, charts, and storyboards to amplify or clarify publications objectives.
- Develops cataloging systems and maintains records, files, electronic media, and archiving of information for publications in a business unit for corporate references.
- Resolve documentation discrepancies and interface with various engineering, operations, and maintenance personnel to document the technical written solution throughout the product design lifecycle, prototyping, and fielding activities.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined teams to support development of technical documentation across entire product lifecycle. Work with various discipline managers, engineers, and support staff to ensure technical deliverables meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline or related field with 3+ years of experience in technical writing for commercial avionics products.
- Strong working knowledge of the development of technical manuals and documentation for commercial avionics systems including: SATCOM systems, electrical, electronic, mechanical, and software systems, and wiring diagrams.
- Strong knowledge of technical writing and editing principles, theories, standards and concepts, and expertise with computer-based desktop publishing and graphic editing tools in the production of technical documentation (i.e., MS Office Suite, Visio, and Adobe products).
- Prior experience supporting multi-disciplined avionics product teams including software, hardware, electronics, electrical, mechanical, design, and process aspects of product development.
- Excellent people skills and ability to work with technical, engineering, and support staff.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Strong problem solving, analytical, and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, motivated and capable of working with little oversight and/or infrequent guidance.
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude, and adapt well to a quickly changing environment.