The Quality Engineer 1 investigates all customer and industry standard requirements and communicates that information to ensure that product meets contracted requirements. The Quality Engineer 1 performs the following duties under minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains a working knowledge of customer and industry quality standards (AS9100).
2. Reads and Interprets engineering drawings and specifications.
3. Reviews manufacturing plans created by Engineering and approves them based on compliance with customer specifications.
4. Prepares First Article Inspection Reports in accordance with AS 9102 standards.
5. Understands and accurately transfers GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing) symbols to First Article Inspection Report
6. Performs internal audits.
7. Performs Supplier Audits
8. Recommends Supplier Corrective Action Requests as required.
9. Communicates with suppliers to clarify and resolve supplier issues and questions.
10. Researches customer-assigned Corrective Action requests.
11. May perform internal disposition on AMT rejected product.
12. Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail: Recognizes and identifies deviations from requirements.
- Communication: Effectively communicates verbally and in writing.
- Customer focus: Anticipates internal and external customer needs, gives high priority to customer satisfaction and service. Provides information and results accurately, courteously, in a timely manner.
- Organization: Keeps working area neat and organized. Arrives on time to work and works to meet deadlines efficiently. Records time using a computerized data entry system; completes job assignments within allotted times.
- Teamwork: Collaborates and cooperates with Manufacturing, Engineering, and the Quality Department. Knows when to ask for information and assistance. Demonstrates a willing, positive, and proactive attitude. Follows verbal and written instructions; works independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Company policy awareness: Understands and complies with AMT company policies and guidelines as described in the Employee Handbook, the Employee Safety Manual and the Quality Management System. Complies with rules and procedures of a drug-free workplace.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Three years Quality Assurance/Inspection experience in a regulated industry.
- Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings and specifications.
- Basic understanding of GT&D
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel, Power Point, and Visio.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Quality Assurance/Inspection experience in the aerospace industry.
- Documented internal audit experience.
- Visual inspection/review of product.
- Presentation of information to internal Company staff.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Use of multi-line phone.
- Use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- Standing, walking, sitting at various times throughout the work day.
- Lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Correctable vision to 20/25, or per customer requirements
- Primarily shared office environment.
- The Quality Engineer 1 may be required to enter the machine shop environment at times throughout the work day; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, vapor from coolant, etc.
- Possible skin and inhaled contact with various sealants, paints, adhesives, and other chemicals may occur during inspection and other quality process activities.
- Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required.
- Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy.