Hadoop Platform Engineer
The Hadoop Platform Engineer role is a direct hire opportunity with one of our clients in Cary, NC. Target salary range is $85,000 - $115,000 with one of the best benefits packages in town. Relocation assistance is available as is sponsorship for people with at least 2 years remaining on their current visa.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of Big Data technologies. The main project at this time is the Hadoop Managed Service, (HMS). Initial targeted technologies will include Hadoop and virtualization. Additional Big Data technologies will include MongoDB, Cassandra, MarkLogic, SAP Hanna, SAS, etc.
It will be a hands-on role where responsibilities will include design and implementation of Big Data technologies. Will also work with client teams to ensure products meet functionality, cost and stability requirements, as well as working alongside other engineering teams such as Unix Engineering and Networking.Responsibilities of the Hadoop Platform Engineer:
- Implementation of the Big Data platform(s)
- Participate actively and contribute to design, development discussions and meetings
- Perform technical analysis to present pros and cons of various solutions to problems
- Analyze business requirements and research and recommend technology components
- Willingness to mentor junior team members as needed
Technical Skills of the Hadoop Platform Engineer:
Desirable Experience of the Hadoop Platform Engineer:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of systems development and/or engineering experience
- 1+ years of hands-on Big Data experience sizing, installing and maintaining enterprise level applications e.g. Hadoop, MongoDB, MarkLogic, etc. or other high performance computing, such as compute grids and data grids.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Xen etc.
- Experience with at least one Hadoop distribution such as Cloudera, Pivotal HD, Hortonworks, Apache
- Hands on experience in the design and development of software products/applications built on the Java platform
- Hands on experience with various development tools such as Eclipse, Jira, FishEye and Crucible, Nexus, Sonar, etc.
- Solid understanding of web data formats (XML, JSON)
- Experience developing application and platform software for high-availability distributed cluster environments
- Substantial experience with virtualization, Unix and Linux development and shell environments
- Experience with Continuous Integration and code quality improvement tools , e.g. Sonar, Maven, etc.
- Excellent Inter-personal, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills in a distributed, multi-technology ecosystem
- Experience with building PaaS or SaaS systems is preferred
- An excellent team worker, with the ability to take the lead where necessary
- Self motivated, delivery focused with the ability to work independently where required
- Good communication skills both in person and via other media such as phone, online presentations etc.
- Good technical documentation skills
- Committed and have a strong sense of ownership
Apply for this position now through CareerBuilder, or by sending a Word resume to Martha Michaux at mmichaux AT hirenetworks.com. To help ensure a timely response, include the reference code CBMM-4576 in the subject heading of your email message.
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase… it is not about what you know, it is who you know?
At HireNetworks, it really is all about who we
Whether your current contract is coming to a close, you’re looking to advance your career or are a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand…let HireNetworks put our
networks to work for you.
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.
$85,000.00 - $115,000.00 /Year
IT & Technical