Red Bridge Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Technical Writer. We do not work with third parties. We cannot work with candidates that require sponsorship. This position is full time with my client. Prefer local candidates.
A Senior Technical Writer creates new technical publications and edits existing technical publications including: user guides, training guides, installation guides, and all other publications related to a product release such as online help. The writer must take information from various departments such as Business Analysts, Development, and Quality Assurance, and use that information to write clear, concise end-user publications.
Senior Technical Writers are expected to be able to work with less supervision than a Technical Writer. Additional duties for a Senior Technical Writer can include mentoring less-experienced writers, training other writers or other personnel within the company and working with management on project management and process improvement.
Senior Technical Writer Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the needs of the target audience.
- Study and understand requirements documents, design documents and other technical documentation produced by other departments.
- Conduct in-depth interviews with subject matter experts to fully understand the product or procedure.
- Produce clear, concise end-user publications in a timely manner
- Produce or arrange for illustrations, charts, and screen shots to be included in publications.
- Edit, standardize, or revise material prepared by other writers or personnel.
- Prepare layout of material for publication.
- Prepare rough drafts of the publication for review with the feature team, manager, team lead, and/or customers.
- Serve as a member of a feature team during the software development release cycle