We are seeking a seasoned and passionate interaction/user experience designer to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to create delightful experiences for ThisLife (www.thislife.com
), Shutterfly’s leading edge cloud photo and video service.
We are looking for designers who energetically sketch—both on paper and white boards, as a means of rapidly exploring and prototyping ideas with colleagues on cross-functional teams. The Lead UX Designer will need to partner with product management to solve user needs, engineering to define implementable solutions and visual designers to generate the right visual communication. As part of the Shutterfly User Experience team you will leverages business analytics in the identification and prioritization of design solutions. Candidates must have demonstrable experience in translating business goals into successful user experiences for consumer, retail products.
We are seeking candidates who are inquisitive, humble, optimistic, collaborative, empathetic, and creative. We want people who can pursue multiple paths equally, who love design but are not in love with their own designs. All our designers must be able to conceptualize innovative designs, provide expert evaluation of intangibles, and create user experience specifications, workflows and mockups. We do not want gunslingers, nor do want people who blindly enforce guidelines; we want people who will dive deep, work shoulder to shoulder with product managers and engineers, and use their skills & talents as a designer to create awesome designs.
• Drive design projects for ThisLife across web, desktop & mobile
• Proactively learn about Shutterfly’s and ThisLife’s business, culture and customer segments.
• Collaborate with Product Management, Business and Engineering to conceptualize new products and improve existing solutions.
• Work with the other members of the design team to evolve ThisLife’s design language.
• Create innovative design solutions to solve customer problems
• Create user experience specifications, mockups, prototypes
• Participate in the daily scrum and sprint planning
• Transform and apply data gathered through site analytics, usability evaluations and market research.
• 8+ years of experience in user experience design • Masters or Bachelors degree in HCI, Visual Arts, Media Arts & Sciences, Architecture, Industrial Design, Cognitive Science, Computer Science or related field required. • Experience designing and collaborating on multidisciplinary teams • Broad experience designing for consumer • Knowledge of user experience best practices • Passion for bringing innovative new products to market • Excellent knowledge of emerging technologies • Experience with user research methodologies and working closely with user researchers to create delightful user experiences • Motivated, dynamic, creative and results-oriented • Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment • Experience working in an agile environment a plus
Redwood City, CA
Creative & Design