We need YOU, a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer who has a passion for technology! Take your next step in your career in a permanent, fulltime opportunity with Yoh's client located in Seattle, WA
The Big Picture - Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Design and Architecture
- Ability to find elegant solutions to complex problems
What You'll Be Doing:
- Be part of a new consumer focused initiative and grow our audience.
- Take an active role in all aspects of the development life cycle
- Develop code using cutting edge technologies and techniques, and have an interest in paired programming
- Utilize TDD and BDD
- Work within a continuous integration release cycle
- Create and maintain project documentation, in accordance with established standards
- Participate in implementation of a high volume, high traffic web based application including:
- Develop proprietary and open-sourced technologies
- Have impact on the direction of projects and features
- Work in an agile environment utilizing the LEAN/KANBAN process
- Work on a development team that is within a larger technology organization
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Strong understanding of Ruby and RoR as well as object oriented programming (OO)
- 5 or more years of development experience in Ruby
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
- Experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL
- Experience with a revision control system
- Experience designing and implementing interfaces using JQuery, Prototype, or other AJAX UI libraries an asset
- Strong creative problem-solving ability
- Ability to contribute to cross functional team discussions
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Wish List! Otherwise Known As Preferred Qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
What's In It For You?
Make a mark in this company, put your name on a cool design! Work close to the water, and enjoy a good work/life balance; with lots of special perks and social activities.
If This Sounds Like You, Let's Talk!
Recruiter: Kerry Meadows
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
J2W: INFOTECH; J2W: ENG; J2W: MEDIA
TAX TERM: DIRECT HIRE