The ideal candidate:
• Is self-directed and contributes creatively to problem solving & design decisions
• Uses the best tools for the job, be those open source or otherwise
• Comfortable in a semi-paired programming environment
• Strongly favors TDD and BDD development methodologies
• Up to date with current tools and techniques
• Comfortable working in an agile environment
Comfortable working in an Apple MacBook development environment
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
- Working in Semi-Paired Programming Environment
- Unit testing
- Quality Assurance of unit testing
What would a normal day for this position look like??
- Heads down developing
- Collaboratively working with, reporting to, and taking direction from current team
- Collaboratively working with the Ops teams to generate user stories to document roadmap
- Status update meetings/check-ins
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
- Experienced Ruby Ninja - 3+ Years Ruby Developer Experience
- 5-7 years of development experience
- Strong Object Oriented Programming
- Must have experience with AWS Lambda
- Experience with MVC Architectural Patterns.
- Experience working with and creating web services.
- Understanding of Client / Server Communications
- Continuous Integration
- Experience with RabbitMQ
- Engrained understanding of Deployment Automation concepts and patterns (Bonus)
- Understanding of Concurrent and Parallel programing concepts. (Bonus)
- Chef or Puppet (Bonus)
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
- Ability to Listen
- Ability to offer ideas on technical direction or alternative points of view on solution
- Team Player
- Desire to contribute to overall direction of project
Please provide three industries that would produce fitting candidates:
- Large Enterprise/web-scale applications
- DevOps / Application Monitoring and Support teams
- Successful Startups