Oversee the games in development within the Advanced R&D group to ensure the highest quality of conceptual vision, game design, dynamics of gameplay, and mathematical permutations. Collaborate with development team members to explore innovations in next generation products and services. Transform new technologies and capabilities into successful, breakthrough gaming products. Ensure that the critical insights of concepts developed by Advanced R&D are properly communicated to the production teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Envisions new directions, with a determination to consistently improve our craft.
- Collaboratively create next generation gaming experiences to be developed by the Advanced R&D team.
- Responsible for mentorship, evaluations, conflict resolution and recognition of the staff to maintain highly motivated and engaged employees.
- Key contributor to Game Strategy meetings, Senior Game Staff meetings, Product Development Management meetings and Studio design meetings.
Advanced Concepts Design Oversight
- Develop plans for innovative gaming experiences that show the potential of new technologies and platforms while ensuring that gameplay and mathematics are compelling yet practical.
- Create and communicate, verbally and written, all information necessary to create visualizations and proof of concept implementation of the gaming experiences.
- Manage the design, artistic, and mathematical staff of the Advanced R&D team.
- Prepare product and service strategies and consistent with company and game development strategic goals.
- Work with market research to evaluate conceptual solutions and leverage successful product designs into future designs.
- Work with the studios to collaboratively introduce innovative gameplay and math solutions.
- Work with the senior game development staff to establish standards across game design and mathematics.
- Establish new product categories and play mechanics.
- Ensure the development of new IP within game design and math.
- Bachelors of Art degree in art /advertising or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in designing next generation products and/or Game Design
- 10-12 years of experience in product design and development in a technical product development environment
- Minimum of 4 years of experience creating visualizations and proof of concept implementation of the gaming experiences
- Minimum of 8 years of experience and strong understanding of product development processes
- Knowledgeable in gaming design documentation, successful gameplay mechanics and math
- Ability to foster the ideation process and insure a continuing stream of concepts that provide the raw material for new products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of IP process
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and to seek synergies between projects
WMS is a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions that WMS conducts business. If you are requested by WMS to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment with WMS may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. WMS encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.