Clearance: TS/SCI Full Scope Poly
Location: Mclean, VA
- Your development duties include serving as the Ruby on Rails guru for the design, testing, and implementation of complex critical applications, complex restful web services, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) services, and application program interface code. Knowledge of Java DataBase Connectivity (JDBC), Open DataBase Connectivity (ODBC), or direct data base interfaces is required to successfully develop in the environment.
Skills and experiance:
- Bachelor's Degree and 7+ years of overall work/development experience
- Extensive background/experience in design, implementation, and maintenance of software and web applications using, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, RoR
- Lead the development of software in a variety of languages to include, but not limited to JAVA, JAVA Script, Perl, PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP), and JDBC.
- Translate system requirements from both formal and informal requirements into complex application interfaces, SOA services, or web services designs that effectively address interoperability with other applications.
- Generate comprehensive test plans to ensure that adequate unit, system, and integration testing is performed for complex applications and databases.
- Provide leadership in the use of the newest technologies and techniques such as prototyping, component-based development, object-oriented design, Web services and architecture, COTS integration, middleware engineering or data warehousing
Nice to haves, but not mandatory:
- Experience includes use of the programming languages/applications: Palantir, i2, C, C++, Visual Basic, HTML, 4GL, and DBMS, NoSQL.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate test plans: test and evaluation of business applications on complex systems for large-scale computers, data base management, providing procedures for agency representatives and computer programmers to use in testing and evaluation of computer programs.
- If you have a background in most or all of the above, then odds are you have a lot of choices of how to spend your time.