AZZ Galvanizing – Milwaukee, WI
About AZZ Inc.
AZZ Inc. is the leading independent provider of hot-dip galvanizing, spin galvanizing, powder coating, plating, and coil coating solutions to a broad range of end-markets. Collectively, our business segments provide sustainable, unmatched metal coating solutions that enhance the longevity and appearance of buildings, products and infrastructure that are essential to everyday life. AZZ Surface Technologies provides metal finishing services, from powder coating to electroplating, for corrosion protection of parts measuring less than an inch and components measuring up to sixty feet in length.
AZZ has an exciting 1st shift opportunity for a Maintenance Technician at our Milwaukee Wisconsin facility. Reporting into the Maintenance Supervisor you will perform maintenance services in the areas of plumbing, electrical, welding, construction, and/or machine servicing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Repairs, replaces, and reassembles defective equipment parts using hand and power tools.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on equipment and buildings.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems and determines how to correct them.
- Operates cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Will work in a production role as necessary during maintenance slowdowns.
- 6 months to 1-year related experience required.
- Knowledge of hot dip galvanizing, steel fabrication or other custom metal coating operations is preferred.
- Experience with HV 480 electricity, cranes, hoists, and forklifts strongly preferred.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
• High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Electrical Installation Work