Sr. WiFi Network Engineer Security Clearance required:
Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top SecretUS Citizenship RequiredLocation:
Washington, DCRemote Flexibility:
Epsilon is seeking a well-qualified Enterprise Wireless Network Engineer with experience in Cisco Software Defined Networking (SDN) to support a Wireless Implementation.
The Wi-Fi Network Engineer is expected to be a business professional with experience in Cisco WLAN technology platforms. The engineer will work under the direction of the Sr. WiFi team Lead to design and support network strategies to meet project needs. The engineer will implement, optimize, and maintain the network to include support, installation, configuration, documentation, and management. The engineer will provide full life-cycle support for all network services, including the installation, tuning, testing, monitoring, operation, maintenance, upgrading, patching, break/fix, and management of designated network distribution systems and associated equipment. Perform on-site or in-house servicing, repairs and/or installations of network components. Provide top level (tier3) technical support to customers and all service-related problems. Must be a great team player with positive attitude, have very good Visio documentation skills, possess exceptionally high customer service skills, and a commitment to excellent customer support.Position Responsibilities:
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- Assist in managing a Cisco Enterprise Wireless Network infrastructure using Cisco DNA, Identity Services Engine (ISE), Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC), Hyperflex Host, Virtual Servers, Firewall Threat Defense and Firewall Management Center
- Implementation of Patches, Upgrades and Security Compliance Standards on all network devices.
- Operate and Maintain a Cisco Software Defined Access Solution.
- Analyze network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements
- Assist/lead the creation of technical manuals, operating procedures and other support documentation
- Provide Tier 3 technical support and troubleshooting for client/user support
- Perform server and virtual network administration duties to maintain operations
- Assist with site surveys, collecting requirements, and planning wireless deployments
- Participate in occasional travel as required for installations and support.
- Participate in special projects as required
- Experience with building out network, design/documentation
Physical and Mental Job Requirements:
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. In accordance with 6378019243126, Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- 7-12 years of Wi-Fi/Wireless Network Engineering or other relevant experience
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification required
- Cisco Certified Network Professional - Wireless (CCNP-W) preferred.
- Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance
- Must be available for occasional travel. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although about 10% out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
- Knowledge of Cisco devices such as Identity Service Engine (ISE), CMX, Prime, DNA, and SD Access
- Deep understanding of WLAN technologies, network management, and security, including IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN standards and industry best practices
- Experience testing wireless products including access points, controllers and other WLAN infrastructure and client devices for evaluation
- Extensive knowledge of security protocols and authentication (Wi-Fi Protected Access [WPA2], Extensible Authentication Protocol-Transport Layer Security [EAP-TLS], 802.1x, Authentication, Authorization, Accounting [AAA]) and hands-on experience with Remote Authentication Dial-in User Server/Services (RADIUS) infrastructure (ISE) and Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and site-survey tools including Ekahau Site Survey
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, frequently changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence across multiple teams
Listed below are the physical or mental requirements necessary in the job's performance. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Prolonged periods of computer desk work.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, and other computer components.
- Speaking and hearing sufficient to converse and understand conversations, both in-person, telephone and virtual meetings.
- The cognitive skills needed to complete tasks, including abilities such as learning, remembering, focusing, categorizing, and integrating information for decision making, problem-solving, and comprehending.
- Ability to learn new tasks, remember processes, maintain focus, complete tasks independently, make timely decisions in the context of a workflow, and the ability to communicate with managers and co-workers.
- Mental aptitude to respond appropriately in high pressure situations or deadline driven environments.
- Maintain a professional emotional response when working with others.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at
[ Link removed ] URL:
[ Link removed ] Follow us on:
[ Link removed ] |
[ Link removed ]
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click [ Link removed ] to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone
or by email [ Link removed ] .