You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
For more than 75 years, Thomson has been a leader in the mechanical motion technology industry, designing, manufacturing, and marketing products highlighted by globally trusted brand names and innovative technologies.
At the core of our success has always been smart, creative, and determined people, coming together from diverse backgrounds with tremendous experience and unique abilities. Today, this rings true more than ever for our 1,700+ employees at facilities across North America, Europe, and Asia.
We offer a diverse and collaborative work environment that provides opportunities for our associates to succeed at work, at home, and within our communities. The Thomson culture is characterized by ambitious goal setting, continuous improvement, and opportunities for team and individual achievement. We are committed to your career growth by coaching, developing, and building the confidence of those that aspire to a higher level of professional challenge.
We invite you to explore the opportunity of advancing your career with Thomson. For more information about us, visit [ Link removed ]
The Quality Engineer will provide support to internal and external customers. Construct quality plans, PPAP and first article documentation as required by customer orders. Support ISO 9001 processes and procedures. Lead or support customer site inspections and process reviews. Perform internal and supplier quality audits. Provide shop floor training and inspection support. Conduct analytical root cause problem solving utilizing 8D methodology or similar. Work with Microsoft office for spreadsheet & data base files. Work with cross-functional team to disposition defective material and product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a Quality Assurance resource for problem identification and resolution.
- Support Design Engineering efforts by participating in design and development projects representing Quality Assurance and the customer.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
- Assist Sales (when needed) to review customers purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning quality problems and assure that effective irreversible corrective action is implemented.
- Serve as the Quality Assurance representative to the Materials Review Board (MRB).
- Participate and support all Kaizen events as necessary.
- May compile, write and deliver training material on quality standards and activities.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of PFMEA and Control Plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Functional knowledge of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Control Plans, Measurement Systems Analysis (GR&R) and the application of Statistical Techniques (SPC).
- Skilled in Analytical Problem Solving.
- Working knowledge of GD&T. (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Well developed Blueprint and Specification reading skills.
- Basic understanding of electrical principles.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and ERP programs such as Oracle or SAP.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related field or
- Associate's degree in engineering or related field with 3 years of experience or
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field, manufacturing environment, or other relevant work experience.
- Certified through ASQ preferred but is not necessary, Green Belt or related problem-solving experience
- Some travel may be required
What We Do For You
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k Retirement Plan and Profit Sharing
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Arrangements
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.
- (American Society For Quality) Asq Certified
- Continuous Quality Improvement (Cqi)
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
Help us improve by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 11936/6236
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.