Cisco ACI Network Architect
Who is Epsilon:
Epsilon is an IT Services company that was founded in 2009 and has become an established leader in providing Information Technology services to both Federal Government and Commercial businesses across the United States. Epsilon is known for its solution-focused and innovative approach, aligning technology systems, tools, and processes with the missions and objectives of its customers.
Epsilon’s headquarters are in Weaverville, NC with other corporate offices in Greenville, SC, Crystal City, VA, and Denver, CO. We have employees in 30+ States across the U.S.
Why work for Epsilon:
In joining Epsilon’s team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Epsilon’s business and customer initiatives, as well as influence our brand culture through people interaction and technology advancements.
Epsilon invests in our employees by promoting from within and enabling employees to elevate their knowledge and skill set in their profession by allocating $3,000 annually in Professional Development funds. We also offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits through one of the largest national carriers, Paid Time Off (PTO) that increases with tenure and has a generous rollover, 11 company paid Holidays, and 401(k) with immediate contribution.
Where you’ll work:
This fully remote opportunity allows you the flexibility to work from home in support of Epsilon’s USDA DISC Customer.
Our Customer’s Mission:
The USDA Digital Infrastructure Services Center (DISC) operates 24/7/365 to provide comprehensive on premises and cloud-based hosting services, including Disaster Recovery, security, and professional support services and operations to approximately 35 federal organizations. The USDA and other Federal partners depend upon DISC’s highly complex and interconnected technology infrastructure to conduct their operations. To better support this mission, DISC is modernizing their technology by transitioning to a continuous integration, deployment, and code-based organization.
An average day:
As a Cisco ACI Network Architect you will work with cross-functional teams to discuss network design plans, infrastructure upgrades, and security measures. You will configure routers, switches, and firewalls, as well as troubleshoot network performance problems. You may work on documentation, such as network diagrams and policies, to ensure clear communication and compliance with best practices. Additionally, you will stay up to date on industry trends and emerging technologies to continuously enhance network infrastructure. In this position you will:
- Refine existing data center networks through Cisco ACI best practices, offering network-centric designs.
- Coordinate and conduct remote low-level design workshops with peer staff and use this information in support of the generation of design documentation.
- Lead the end-to-end process of designing, configuring, deploying, and testing ACI spine switches, ACI leaf switches, Remote Leafs, Cisco Nexus Dashboard (ND), and ND Orchestrator (NDO), ensuring comprehensive management and configuration of data center networks.
- Oversee the smooth transition from legacy network architecture to ACI fabric during approved maintenance windows.
- Design, configure, deploy, and test remote ACI fabric backups to guarantee data integrity.
- Deliver continuous engineering support for the deployed ACI solution, offering assistance to the USDA on Cisco Nexus products and ACI-related technologies.
- Participate in capacity planning by aiding in the implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of networking infrastructure and services.
- Effectively manage and execute planned and emergency tasks after hours or on weekends as required.
- Create and maintain up-to-date automation playbooks, documentation, and network diagrams.
- Contribute to network resiliency and disaster recovery by engaging in planning and drills.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects efficiently, meeting varying deadlines and importance levels.
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be either a U.S. Citizen or have lawful permanent residence in the United States. In accordance with 6378019243126, Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a data center network engineering role.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Cisco ACI with at least 2 years of hands-on experience.
- Proven expertise in designing, implementing, and managing Cisco's Software Defined Network (SDN) fabric, specifically ACI.
- Familiarity with and practical experience in utilizing various ACI components, including Infrastructure Policy, End Point Groups (EPG), Tenant, Bridge Domain (Client), VRF (Virtual Routing and Forwarding), APIC (Application Policy Infrastructure Controller), L2out, and L3out.
- Mastery in deploying ACI through infrastructure as code and automation tools such as REST API, Ansible, and Python.
- Exceptional working knowledge encompassing Switching, Routing, and Security protocols, including routing protocols like OSPF, BGP, IP, WANs, LANs, and NAT.
- Practical experience in supporting virtual platform systems (VMWare, Nutanix), virtual network platforms (F5 load balancers), and cloud service providers (Azure and AWS).
- CCIE and/or CISSP certification preferred but not required.
- Successful completion of a background investigation for clearance to work in a federal data center is mandatory.
- Will be subject to a Federal Government Background Investigation
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click [ Link removed ] to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone
or by email [ Link removed ] .
- Border Gateway Protocol
- Capacity Planning
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Cloud Computing