The Senior Auditor role is an experienced position intended to utilize basic audit principles, skills, and techniques to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls in both design and application in accordance with professional and departmental standards. This position is expected to assist on audits of moderate to high complexity under the direction of the audit lead or audit manager.
The Senior Auditor is also responsible for performing and/or assisting in corporate investigations, ad-hoc special projects, Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance activities and demonstrating the ability to function on an increasingly independent basis. While primarily based in one location, team members will participate in audit assignments across our global company at various locations across Europe, Asia and international. Travel to both domestic and international locations up to 25% a year. The position may require overtime at various times. The Auditor should be self-motivated, work with a sense of urgency, support multiple priorities, and meet deadlines. Successful candidates should also possess strong communication and interpersonal skills as the Senior Auditor generally interacts with first-line operating and supervisory personnel, although some interaction with higher-level management may occur.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop a working knowledge of the Company with a focus on corporate and manufacturing processes, policies, and procedures.
- Analyze and solve problems utilizing a risk-based approach.
- Assist in audits of moderate to high complexity under the direction of the audit lead or audit manager and in accordance with accepted professional standards. Responsibilities include: initial audit planning, setting objectives, coordination with auditee, evaluation and reporting for audits.
- Perform operational, financial, compliance, and fraud related audits by compiling and analyzing information through inquiry, observation, testing, and analysis to develop conclusions about risks and the operating effectiveness of internal controls and processes.
- Develop the ability to identify and assess key risks and controls within assigned audit areas.
- Demonstrate ability to draw conclusions about audit testing with data.
- Prepare audit work papers in a high quality, timely manner in alignment with audit methodology.
- Draft audit findings for assigned audit areas that support audit objectives and findings in a timely manner.
- Identify and implement improvements to internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external/internal clients and customers.
- Actively demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with associates, mid-level management, and other personnel within the organization with limited supervision. Continually demonstrate poise, self-confidence, tact, and maturity in contact with other personnel in the corporation.
- Demonstrate teamwork by cooperating with department members, sharing information, utilizing innovations of others, participating in group decision process and accepting additional assignments as appropriate.
- Develop an understanding of relevant SAP modules and be able to extract data for analysis.
- Ability to work both as a team member or independently, depending on assignment.
- Bachelor degree is required, with a major in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related business degree.
- Typically requires a minimum of four years of relevant business experience. Big 4 experience is a plus.
- Advanced degree and/or professional certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, CISSP, CISM, or other is a plus.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.Nearest Major Market:
- Audit Planning
- Certified Fraud Examination
- Certified Information Security Manager
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional