DivIHN (pronounced Divine) is a nationally-recognized Business Technology Solutions and Staffing services provider headquartered in Chicago. Since our formation in 2002, we have been trusted by Fortune 500 organizations to help them locate and hire best-in-class talent through our Award-winning Professional Workforce Solutions program.
Check out our careers page to see all of our job openings: [ Link removed ]
One of our BEST F500 customers has engaged us to help them hire a Senior Engineer - Solar/Substation to be available to work out of their office in Milwaukee, Illinois,Minnesota,Nebraska,South Dakota,Wisconsin; details can be found below.
Please apply or call one of us to learn more
For further inquiries regarding the following opportunity, please contact one of our Talent Specialists
Title: Senior Engineer - Solar/Substation
Duration: Direct Hire
This position can be located within a reasonable drive to any of our Client's locations in WI, IL, IA, SD, NE, and KS, depending on experience.
This role will be focused on technical support and problem solving associated with the long-term ownership of photovoltaic generator systems, substations, and balance of plant equipment for the Renewables OandM Engineering Team. This engineering role will support and ensure the operational success of solar plant assets in the Client's Fleet, as well provide subject matter expertise and technical review for new plants to be added to our rapidly expanding renewable fleet.
- Demonstrates ownership of assigned equipment. Highly knowledgeable of design basis for a variety of systems. Supplies advanced system and plant wide knowledge to troubleshoot and improve performance and reliability. Utilizes performance monitoring tools and independently performs advanced calculations, tests, and engineering analysis to develop recommendations to maintain and improve plant system and equipment performance, efficiency and reliability.
- Participates in long-term budget process for capital projects. Selects alternatives for projects based on the results of technical, economic, and regulatory analyses. Prepares RFP's, coordinates the evaluation process and provides a recommendation. Performs contract administration and construction inspections for complex multidisciplinary projects. Provides detailed interpretation of drawings, specification, conditions, requirements, and agreements. Communicates technical requirements to consultants and contractors.
- Preparation of complex engineering designs, construction and material specifications and project schedules, design and implementation of material and equipment evaluation methods, preparation of feasibility studies and/or cost-benefit analyses of proposed projects and/or review of third-party construction plans. Provides subject matter expertise to field and staff personnel. Leads complex Root Cause Analysis activities and performs peer checks on Root Cause Analyses.
- Properly applies a wide variety of codes, standards and regulations and coaches' others on proper use. Updates drawings and other engineering documentation and maintains corporate records by filing in accordance with business unit guidelines.
- Leads project teams on moderately complex assignments.
- Travel is required (approx. 30%) for site visits to perform inspections and QA/QC of project work across the Client's territory.
This position is part of a job family (Associate Engineer/Engineer/Senior Engineer/Principal Engineer) and placement within will be based on experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Relevant engineering experience
- Associate Eng- no experience
- 2-3 years experience minimum substation required/powersystem
- Intern at solar company
- Substation experience focused
- Wind farm included
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Relevant experience with photovoltaic power generation plants
- Relevant experience with interconnection substations
- Engineering experience operating, maintaining, testing, commissioning, and/or troubleshooting any of the following areas:
- Central and string PV inverters
- Single axis tracking systems
- SCADA systems, power plant controllers and substation RTUs
- Substation medium and high voltage equipment
- Medium voltage underground electrical distribution systems
- Padmount step up transformers and switchgear
- Protective relays and overcurrent devices
- Other balance of plant systems
- Experience reviewing and using site drawings such as single line diagrams, schematics, communication network and fiber diagrams, collector systems and access roads layouts, racking and structural steel, foundations, and grading plans
- Design experience with any of the above topics
- Project management and/or lead engineering experience
- Performance analytics and data visualization experience using MS Power BI, Excel, or similar software
- Experience working across teams in setting standards for operation, maintenance, design, or other processes
Wants to focus on substation experience lesser extent distribution experience
Focus on electrical engineering
Come from operational role
Maintenance or design of substation
Owner role vs designer/builder
Established utility or design firm experience
Renewables experience works
Preference Sr. or Principal Engineer realm sweet spot Sr. Engineer
Team make-up three mechanical engineers focused on wind turbine; two solar (electrical engineers); 2 engineers focused on data analytics
DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
Excel, MS Power BI, •SCADA systems, •Single axis tracking systems
- Data Analysis
- Data Visualization
- Electrical Diagrams