Welcome Home! Build your career with Lennar:
As one of the nation’s largest builders, Lennar has built over one million new homes for families across America. Since 1954, our communities have catered to all lifestyles and family dynamics, whether you are a first-time or move-up buyer, multigenerational family, or active adult.
As a Land Development Manager, your primary role will be to manage and oversee the field operations for land development projects ensuring delivery within the approved schedule and budget. Area of responsibility will primarily be within the San Antonio Metro surrounding municipalities.
- Oversee land development projects from permitting approvals through construction, bond release and community turnover.
- Supervise and schedule subcontractors and consultants for day-to-day operations in the field.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of new projects according to construction schedules, contract documents, land development budgets, environmental studies and geotechnical reports.
- Ensure timely and accurate installation of all land development improvements including grading operations, water and sewer services, dry utilities, paving, sidewalks, landscaping, entrance improvements and amenities.
- Ensure that contractual and other commitments are kept with contractors/consultants, trade partners and developer partners and that they comply with approved policies, procedures, and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Coordinate the design and installation/relocation of dry utilities for new and existing communities including electrical, phone, cable TV and natural gas.
- Establish relationships with municipal inspectors and governing authority representatives and be able to resolve issues with agencies having jurisdiction over project and region.
- Coordinate and support the construction department to ensure home sites are delivered to specifications on schedule and to resolve site issues.
- Responsible for SWPPP compliance of the projects and coordination with the Division Environmental Manager.
- Assist in management control functions including schedules, cost/budget controls, budget reconciliation, development cost and monitoring compliance.
- Assist with the preparation and processing of land use documents and related infrastructure design/improvement plans.
- Review subcontractor billings and change orders for approval.
- Assist in the preparation and processing of bid packages, take offs and contracts.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid Driver’s license and a good driving record required
- Minimum 3 years in land development or site construction
- Must be able to read, understand and evaluate civil engineering / development plans
- Excellent written, oral, organizational and math skills
- Must possess professional attitude to represent the company in a positive manner
- Ability to perform, in a professional manner, multiple detail-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Computer literate with ability to work with Microsoft Office.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. May be required to operate a motor vehicle.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Attention To Detail
- Computer Keyboards
- Computer Literacy
- Development Planning
- Finger Dexterity