The applicant shall provide Program Management support to assist Government Program Managers in meeting guidance in FAR, DoDI 5000.02 and other applicable documents and regulations, systems and guides. The applicant shall provide personnel experienced with development, maintenance, and revisions to acquisition reports for Government Program Office requirements and special interest programs designated by the Milestone Decision Authority (MDA) and in compliance with DoDI 5000.02, AFI 63-101_20-101, Integrated Life Cycle Management, and associated AFPAM 63-128, Integrated Life Cycle Management.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsibilities may also include but are not limited to:
- Plan, research, analyze and assess projects in order to formulate plans and recommend effective strategies in meeting cost, schedule and performance objectives.
- Support cost and schedule reduction activities for acquisition and development efforts.
- Provide program level acquisition support to the Program Manager and Integrated Product Team Leads by helping guide successful program execution to maintain the acquisition battle rhythm and deliver warfighter capability.
- Provide support and solutions to program leadership to facilitate successful contract execution for the program and analyzes overall program health and advises program leadership on options to maintain cost, schedule and performance objectives.
- Support and develop various briefings/schedules of program status and acquisition tasks to senior management.
- Provide expert Program Management inputs to Request for Proposal (RFPs) including systems specs, Electronic Warfare Systems (SRDs), Statement of Work (SOWs), and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs), and other RFP products.
- Review acquisition documents and provides comments with programmatic perspective to ensure consistency and accuracy. Documents may include, but are not limited to, ADMs, LCSP, Acquisition Strategies, APBs, Risk Management Plans, PMRs and milestone decision briefings.
- Support, prepare, review and develop acquisition reports, including statutory and regulatory acquisition report and milestone review documentationas identified in DoDI 5000.02
- Support implementation and execution of acquisition and development effort processes in concert with Government and weapon system prime applicants.
- Provide non-technical acquisition program management to include guidance and expertise necessary to apply principles, criteria, and procedures of DoD Directive 5000.1, DoDI 5000.02, NSSAP 03-02, and other DoD, AF, AFMC, and AFLCMC Instructions, Directives, Regulations, and guidance documents as applicable.
- Outline policy disconnects, policy interpretation, and management of all acquisition efforts.
- Advise the PM on best practice PM principles to achieve substantial process improvements, efficiencies, and potential cost avoidance.
- Assist with planning, evaluating and implementing program acquisition strategies. This includes DoD and AF policy and/or guidance; technical approach and/or requirements; risk assessment; and realism in achieving a product suitable for the warfighter within cost, schedule, and performance constraints. Also includes broad range of program acquisition strategies, market research, evaluating deliverables requirements and best practice management; this includes support to Urgent Capability Acquisitions and Middle Tier of Acquisition as defined in DoDI 5000.80, Operation of the Middle Tier of Acquisition and DoDI 5000.81, Urgent Capability Acquisition.
- Support and coordinate with program level scheduling personnel.
- Develop, maintain, and update program risk management plans IAW the Risk Management Guide for DoD Acquisition, AFPAM 63-128, and the Air Force RI3 Guidebook; facilitate program risk identification, risk analysis, risk handling and risk monitoring; assist with execution of program risk management boards, risk management working groups (or equivalent), and document meeting minutes; includes analyzing prime and sub-applicant risk management processes.
- Assist with development, maintenance, and update of acquisition reports such as the Monthly Activity Reports (MAR), Source Approval Request (SAR), Defense Acquisition Executive Summary (DAES), Acquisition Program Baseline (APB), and supplemental reports as required by DoD policy for ACAT I, ACAT II, and ACAT III programs and IAW DoDI 5000.02, AFI 63-101_20-101, and AFPAM 63-128. This requires use of standardized and specialized software applications such as M/S Office, Integrated Budget Documentation and Execution System (IDECS), Electronic Document Access (EDA), Comprehensive Cost and Requirement’s System (CCaR), and any other DoD/Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) mandated system(s).
- Provide direct support in preparing and submitting funding documents (e.g. Purchase Request, MIPR, Purchase Orders, etc.). Requires familiarity with Financial systems such as Comprehensive Cost and Requirement’s System (CCaR).
- Assist with preparation of briefings, graphics and reports in direct support of the acquisition program management functions.
- Provide services critical to Life Cycle Logistics and operational supportability.
- Interpret, organize, execute, and coordinate acquisition project assignments and make recommendations to Government Program Manager regarding problems with unique or controversial items that may have a major effect on the overall performance and execution of acquisition & sustainment projects
- Compare program direction and program plans for consistency.
- Review and track prime applicant deliverables status and schedules.
- Review program integration plans and provide comments.
- Monitor interface control between IT systems.
- Assist with drafting contractual letters on program management issues.
- Assist with development of source selection strategies, evaluation criteria, Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation, and other source selection administrative support.
- Keep abreast of DoD acquisition reform policies and Air Force Instructions, and recommend revisions to new and existing programs impacted by the changes, such as Review, Discuss and Concur (RDC) and Evolutionary Acquisition, including Spiral Development and Incremental Development.
- Assist with mission execution to include but not limited to operational planning, operational analysis, capability development, event integration, event execution, analysis and reporting.
- Ensure Mission Planning Environment systems are planned, managed and developed to support requirement and capability demonstrations testing at developer evaluations, user evaluations, FQT, Developmental Test and Operational Test and MPE fielding requirements meets Operational Flight Program (OFP) schedule requirements.
- Provide direct support to the MPEs in the PMO. Support preparation and review of program documents (i.e. BCRDs, APBs, ADM, MAR, RDT&E Documents (RDOC), 1537, Obligation/Spend Plans for CAF MPEs.
- Ensure that these MPEs effectively support the applicable aircraft OFP need and meet the cost, schedule and quality requirements and expectations for the MAJCOM operational users.
- Prepare and review ECPs/RFPs for MPEC DOs. Evaluate proposals, complete technical evaluations and provide written recommendations to Government PM.
- Support development of the key criteria for Incentive clauses for the MPEC-II DOs.
- Correlate EVM Cost Performance Report analysis with the monthly IMS CDRLs for programs.
- Support risk assessments for these strategies based on evaluation of the MPE’s needs, schedule (OFP driven or otherwise), technical risks as well as programmatic, funding and cost realism.
- Provide guidance and advice to division branch chiefs and individual program/project managers regarding DoD Directives to include 5000.1/2, AFIs to include 62-601, 63-101, 63-124, 63-1201, AFPD 62-6, AFI 91-117/118/119, 99-103, and AFMAN 63-119.
- Experience working with Mission Planning Independent Validation, Verification & Evaluation, FQT and Development Evaluations in software development.
- Outline policy disconnects, policy interpretation, and management of all acquisition efforts
Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
A High School Diploma plus 20 years of experience, an Associate plus 14 years, a Bachelor's degree plus 12 years or a Master's degree plus 10 years of experience.
An adjudicated DoD Secret Security clearance on the First Day of employment.
Familiar with cloud-based systems, including management and projection of cost and performance.
Familiar with agile methods and CI/CD, DevSecOps and DevOps principals.
Comprehensive knowledge of principles, policies and practices of systems acquisition and program management, as defined in DoDI 5000.02 and 5000.75, as well as knowledge of roles and relationships within the DoD and the Air Force.
Experience with Life Cycle Management Plan (LCMP) highly desired.
Possess knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques for gathering, analyzing, and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of acquisition programs.
Possesses the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, providing quality acquisition and program documentation including but not limited to briefings, documents, and plans.
- Agile Methodology
- Capability Development
- Continuous Integration
- Dev Ops