This position is responsible for the monitoring and operation of plant equipment used in the Equistar manufacturing chemical process. The incumbent evaluates the unit's operating status and performs troubleshooting of processes and equipment in order to maximize unit reliability and quality production; may also be assigned to perform testing and analysis in the site's quality control lab. The incumbent also monitors maintenance activities and performs minor maintenance. This position receives direction from a production supervisor and support from the process specialist, maintenance and technical personnel.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Accountable for personal safety, the safety of co-workers and promoting a safe work environment; responsible for carrying out all work activities in compliance with federal and state environmental regulations.
- Promote an environment in which everyone is treated with respect.
- Perform duties in adherence with Equistar procedures, standards, and specifications.
- Learn and retain process knowledge of the unit and process changes to the unit to enable effective operation and detection of unusual process conditions; uses knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Provide accurate and timely communication to co-workers.
- Exhibit personal leadership in daily activities, task planning, incident investigations, and work performance as they relate toEquistar's key focus areas which include the following: safety, the environment, quality, reliability, and cost of operation.
- Take ownership of the unit to ensure production rates and right-first-time results are maximized and to ensure the unit is maintained in proper operating condition.
- Record data readings, utilize plant data/control systems, and observe process conditions on a continual basis to maintain good control of the unit.
- Be proficient in assigned area's computerized process control systems, Microsoft Office computer programs, and SAP associated process/accounting and inventory transactions.
- Responsible for placing systems in a safe condition for maintenance work, supporting maintenance activities and communicating status to the shift supervisor and co-workers.
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment and enter SAP work notifications on equipment in need of maintenance.
- Provide ideas, raise concerns, and work with other functions including plant management, engineering, and maintenance to improve individual and unit performance.
- Participate on committees dealing with investigations, policy and procedure development, and improving the work place environment.
- Participate in the training and skill development of other operations technicians.
- Engage in frequent developmental dialog with supervisor and others to continually enhance personal and group performance and development.
This position will be assigned specific task with the as defined as Extruder Operator, O3 Operator (Mixer & Process Helper), Breaker and Material Handler (AFS/Warehouse). A candidate will be required to train and qualify (master the tasks including passing a written and oral test) in the areas assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Prefer a Certificate of Completion or Associates Degree in Process Technology OR have at least two years of operations experience in a chemical plant, refinery or an industrial manufacturing facility.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Must be willing and able to work 12 hour rotating shifts and provide overtime coverage.
- Must be willing and able to work occasional plant call-outs.
- Must be willing to work with hazardous and/or flammable chemicals (with proper safety precautions, training, and equipment).
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.Nearest Major Market:
Cleveland Nearest Secondary Market:
- Control Systems