Lead Applications Developer
(Will consider internal candidates in San Diego, CA and Bellevue, WA)
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
Join the Team executing The UPS Store next-generation enterprise platform based on Azure Cloud Platform and Dynamic 365.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The UPS Store application Suite ranges from websites, APIs to mobile with the latest technology stack, such as microservices hosted on Azure.
Details of Position:
The selected candidate will have the Lead Applications Developer role, responsible for building applications and services in an agile /scrum team environment.
- Proficiency with C# .NET, SQL Server, JSON, SOAP, REST, Azure and DevOps
- Proficiency with Agile/Scrum Concepts
- Expertise with micorservices, service-oriented and events-driven system architectures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to a team of consisting of software developers, business and quality analysts
- Expert in processes like such as pair programming, conducting of code reviews, promoting good development principles, such as test-driven development, and taking the lead in correcting code defects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or the equivalent in education and work experience
If required and where permitted by applicable law, employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their date of hire/placement to be considered for employment. Fully vaccinated means two weeks after receiving the second shot for Pfizer and Moderna, or two weeks after Johnson & Johnson.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
- .Net Framework
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Code Review
- Customer Experience