LyondellBasell Basic Function
The primary role of the Polymer R&D Technician will be to operate polymer processing equipment in the R&D Applications laboratory and perform some related testing. This work will be performed in support of the product development, technical service, and plant service needs of the polypropylene and polyethylene business units. Roles & Responsibilities
• Accountable for personal safety, the safety of co-workers, and promoting a safe work environment; responsible for carrying out all work activities in compliance with company, federal and state regulations.
• Operate polymer processing equipment in accordance with LyondellBasell Standard Operating Procedures and Site/Corporate Safety policies. Main processing types: Blown Film, Compression / Injection Molding, Rotational Molding, Extrusion Coating, Blow Molding, Compounding, Pipe Extrusion, Wire Coating, and Cast Film.
• Perform process set up, run requested samples, improve machine efficiency, upgrade and maintain equipment, and reduce scrap in an accurate and timely manner.
• Perform routine maintenance, safety, and inspection checks on assigned equipment.
• Work effectively with others in a team environment to ensure competent execution of assigned testing and processing tasks.
• Interface effectively with business clients to communicate project status updates and resolve issues.
• Promote an environment in which everyone is treated with respect through Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
• Identify and implement quality, safety and reliability driven improvements. This may include participation in site teams.
• Engage in frequent development dialog with supervisor and others to continually enhance personal and group performance and development. Min. Qualifications
• High School Diploma with a minimum of 5 years of relevant mechanical or machine operation experience
• Polymer and chemical experience preferred.
• Strong computer skills a must in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Ability to effectively manage multiple and/or changing priorities with minimal supervision
• Strong technical orientation
• Excellent mechanical skills, troubleshooting
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Highly motivated individual, adept at working independently to compete assigned tasks punctually, effectively and safely
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time up to 6-10 hours per day
• Ability to climb 51 steps at a time for occasionally to frequently
• Ability to climb a 15 foot ladder up to 8 times a day
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds from waist to shoulder occasionally and to carry or lift up to 25 pounds frequently
• Ability to exert up to 70 pounds of push or pull force and 40 pounds of grip force
• Good eye hand coordination and range of motion Competencies
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity Referral Bonus:
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here. Nearest Major Market:
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word