LyondellBasell Basic Function
Maintenance Instrumentation Technicians are tasked to apply technical expertise daily to ensure the safe and reliable operation of site process plant instrument equipment and reduce operating costs. This is accomplished by executing assigned work according to plan and schedule, noting any job plan deviations, and providing input on improvement opportunities. Roles & Responsibilities
- Accountable for personal safety, the safety of co-workers and promoting a safe work environment; responsible for carrying out all work activities in compliance with federal and state environmental regulations.
- Promote an environment in which everyone is treated with respect.
- Provide technical expertise to assist supervision and operations in the installation, acceptance testing, commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of unit instrumentation equipment (electronic and pneumatic). Equipment includes PLCs, DCSs, and instrumentation such as thermocouples, RTD's, flow / level / pressure / temperature transmitters, control valves, flow / level / pressure / temperature switches.
- Basic conduit installation/repair.
- Review assigned job scopes for completeness and understanding.
- Acquire all necessary parts, tools, and instructions prior to starting the job to maximize work efficiency.
- Follow all necessary safety procedures and practices to isolate, clear, and work on plant equipment.
- Ensure work is completed per company and industry standards.
- Work with equipment owner to complete task in a safe and timely manner.
- Update supervisor on job progress and any problems encountered in completing the defined scope of work.
- Complete all documentation using a computerized maintenance management system.
- Respond to tasks as directed by maintenance supervision with the appropriate sense of urgency to minimize impact to process units.
- Identify and implement reliability driven improvements. This may include participation in site reliability teams.
- Participate on committees dealing with investigations, policy and procedure development, and improving the work place environment.
- Candidate will also be required to mentor other instrument maintenance technicians when necessary.
- Engage in frequent developmental dialog with supervisor and others to continually enhance personal and group performance and development.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency is required.
- Minimum 3 year of plant maintenance experience in the instrumentation field.
- The ability to demonstrate craft relevant aptitude
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Ability to provide overtime coverage and work plant call-outs.
- Ability to work with hazardous and/or flammable chemicals (with proper safety precautions, training, and equipment).
- Ability to work around and/or manually interact with heavy equipment.
- Preferred candidates will have a Level 2 Certificate in Instrumentation, Associates or higher degree in Instrumentation, or military instrument training and experience.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here. Nearest Major Market:
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Heavy Equipment
- Problem Solving
- Professional Responsibility