The Onsite IT Technician provides Lennar Associates technical support for all computers, tablets, mobile devices, the local area network, and other communications equipment. This role provides timely and courteous support for technical issues relating to the use and operation of Lennar hardware and software. The incumbent coordinates and supports the Division office and remote sites, Welcome Home Centers, Construction and Customer Care Offices. The Onsite IT Technician works closely with other members of the Lennar Technology Department internally and third-Party Vendors externally in providing sound customer service to the Lennar team.
- Troubleshoots and resolves computer workstation issues, both software and hardware related.
- Enacts manufacturer's warranties for equipment repair.
- Maintains and updates Service Now tickets daily. Updates ticket status, provides accurate, scientific, and reproducible written details on ticket resolution.
- Helps different Divisions prepare and coordinate project plans for installation of technology equipment in Welcome Home Centers and Construction Trailers.
- Resolves printer and copier issues across the division.
- Arranges and coordinates technical support for meetings and events, including video conferencing and traditional audio/visual needs.
- Maintains, upgrades, installs, replaces hardware and software as required.
- Reports instances of server downtime, LAN/WAN connectivity issues immediately to manager and helpdesk team.
- Performs basic troubleshooting on LAN/WAN connectivity under the direction and guidance of telecommunications or network team.
- Provides weekly status report to the Onsite IT Manager summarizing highlights of weekly activities and outstanding issues.
- Monitors and assists with coordinating the activities of third-party support contractors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Onsite IT Manager.
- Local commute within 2 hour radius of Division office and occasional travel (up to 25%) to remote offices within the United States.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates an understanding of technology standards used in area of responsibility with minimal supervision
- Ability to provide guidance, advice, feedback, and support technicians within the organization.
- Ability to perform complex requests (structured work assignments) to install or configure systems
- Solves a range of straightforward problems; analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures; receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Recognizes how changes may impact the business and other functions within IT; understands how change management is achieved in their assigned area
- Recognizes when and to whom issues should be escalated within assigned area
- Begins to demonstrate an understanding of IT strategies and their relationship to their assigned area
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Maintains effective working relationships, supporting company leadership and team
- Ability to embrace change
- Influence trust in others and works with integrity and ethically upholds organizational values
- Sensitive and responsive to internal and external needs; maintains a positive attitude, willing to seek solutions
- Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Maintains a supportive and collaborative team work environment
- Understands the company's philosophy on diversity in the workplace
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 3 or more years of relevant experience
- High School Diploma
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent IT certifications, preferred
This is a position which requires the Onsite IT Technician frequent walking, standing and climbing of stairs in/around homes, models and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 50 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Change Management
- Computer Equipment
- Customer Service