You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Land Development Project Manager
Welcome Home! Build your career with Lennar:
As one of the nation’s largest builders, Lennar has built over one million new homes for families across America. Since 1954, our communities have catered to all lifestyles and family dynamics, whether you are a first-time or move-up buyer, multigenerational family, or active adult.
Summary of Position
A Project Manager will work alongside our experienced team of Land Development Managers to plan and develop award-winning residential real estate communities throughout the San Antionio area.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the planning and vision of land development projects.
- Facilitate communication between engineering, architectural, legal, financial, and environmental consultants and contractors.
- Review and analyze construction plans and contract documents.
- Review and communicate schedules and deadlines to all consultants and contractors on multiple projects.
- Help facilitate the timely and accurate planning, design, construction, and final acceptance of all community infrastructure - including, but not limited to - roads, water, sanitary sewer, and drainage utilities, water and sanitary sewer plant facilities, detention ponds and lakes, electric power, gas, fiber optic, and telecommunication utilities, parks, community swimming pools, greenbelt walking trails, monuments, landscaping projects, etc.)
- Attend meetings with various governmental agencies, including local city, county, and state officials, utility districts, homeowner associations, etc.
- Help initiate bond application reports and submittals, through bond sales, and closing.
- Establish relationships with municipal inspectors and governing authority representatives and be able to resolve issues with agencies having jurisdiction over project and region.
- Responsible for SWPPP compliance of the projects and coordination with the Division Environmental Manager.
- Assist in management control functions including schedules, cost/budget controls, budget reconciliation, development cost and monitoring compliance.
- Review consultant and contractor invoicing and change orders for approval.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Science, Real Estate Development, Urban Planning, or related field.
- Valid Driver’s license and a good driving record required
- 1 to 3 years experience in land development or site construction
- Must be able to read, understand and evaluate civil engineering / development plans
- Excellent written, oral, organizational and math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers, outside agencies, business partners, consultants, contractors, and homeowners
- Ability to perform, in a professional manner, multiple detail-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Computer literate with ability to work with Microsoft Office.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification
- Prior internship or experience in the residential real estate development industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Default proactive mindset
- Humble – willingness to learn from others
- Takes personal ownership over the outcome of responsibilities entrusted
- Strong desire to become an effective leader
- Actively participate in and pursue continuing education opportunities.
Work Environment Our work environment is highly collaborative. The Project Manager is expected to participate in all planning stages during the development process and effectively implement the plan. This role requires working in the Friendswood Development office, working remotely from job sites, and meeting at consultants’ and governmental officials’ offices Physical Requirements
Able to operate a motor vehicle, climb stairs/ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift. Position requires daily driving to get to and from job sites. Able to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time to complete paperwork, attend multiple meetings a day with business partners, and receive/return phone messages. The Project Manager must be able to see, speak and hear. Finger dexterity is required required to operate computer equipment.This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Accounts Receivable
- Attention To Detail
- Computer Equipment
- Computer Literacy
- Construction Management
Help us improve by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 27372
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.