Infrastructure as Code Engineer
Who is Epsilon:
Epsilon is an IT Services company that was founded in 2009 and has become an established leader in providing Information Technology services to both Federal Government and Commercial businesses across the United States. Epsilon is known for its solution-focused and innovative approach, aligning technology systems, tools, and processes with the missions and objectives of its customers.
Epsilon’s headquarters are in Weaverville, NC with other corporate offices in Greenville, SC, Crystal City, VA, and Denver, CO. We have employees in 30+ States across the U.S.
Why work for Epsilon:
In joining Epsilon’s team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Epsilon’s business and customer initiatives, as well as influence our brand culture through people interaction and technology advancements.
Epsilon invests in our employees by promoting from within and enabling employees to elevate their knowledge and skill set in their profession by allocating $3,000 annually in Professional Development funds. We also offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits through one of the largest national carriers, Paid Time Off (PTO) that increases with tenure and has a generous rollover, 11 company paid Holidays, and 401(k) with immediate contribution.
Where you’ll work:
This fully remote opportunity allows you the flexibility to work from home in support of Epsilon’s USDA DISC Customer.
Our Customer’s Mission:
The USDA Digital Infrastructure Services Center (DISC) operates 24/7/365 to provide comprehensive on premises and cloud-based hosting services, including Disaster Recovery, security, and professional support services and operations to approximately 35 federal organizations. The USDA and other Federal partners depend upon DISC’s highly complex and interconnected technology infrastructure to conduct their operations. To better support this mission, DISC is modernizing their technology by transitioning to a continuous integration, deployment, and code-based organization.
An average day:
As an Infrastructure as Code Engineer, you must have an automation and orchestration mindset. This position is focused on the development and self-service delivery of our clients’ Service Catalog both on-premise and in the commercial cloud. This Terraform Subject Matter Expert role presents an exciting opportunity for a skilled professional to contribute to our organization's cloud automation initiatives, leveraging Terraform, Ansible, and Packer expertise to create robust and efficient infrastructure solutions. If you are a seasoned cloud and automation specialist with a passion for innovation, we encourage you to apply and be a part of our dynamic team. Additionally, in this position you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand infrastructure requirements and design IaC solutions using Terraform.
- Create IaC processes and solutions using automation technology, Ansible playbooks, and roles to provision, deploy, secure, and maintain virtual and physical resources in AWS, Azure, and on-premise VMWare.
- Employ a business process automation approach to delivering Service Catalog resources.
- Develop and maintain Terraform modules, templates, and scripts for provisioning and managing cloud resources.
- Execute troubleshooting skills to address stability objectives both reactively and proactively.
- Employ simple design and pragmatic implementation techniques to drive business value.
- Work closely with service lines, partners, and stakeholders to deliver new or enhanced services.
- Mentor and train team members on Terraform, Ansible, and Packer best practices.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with federal and contract stakeholders to perform business process engineering/re-engineering consultancy and analysis.
- Research and document process flows; design process improvement plans and ensure proper implementation practices.
- Develop new technologies and features, and implements, maintains, and enhances existing capabilities.
- Research, determine, and analyze user requirements, and define system or site scope and objectives of final output of projects.
- Lead efforts of analysis and resolution of problems or issues; identify when and how to escalate problems to the appropriate level.
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. In accordance with , Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles and best practices primarily using Git Lab, Terraform, and Ansible and prefer Artifactory and Packer experience.
- Experience in writing scripts in Python, PowerShell, or Bash
- Strong working knowledge of commercial cloud technologies in Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud highly preferred
- Solid understanding of network architecture and security best practices
- Strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working with REST APIs via Python, PowerShell, Ansible, and CuRL.
- Experience using Continuous Integration concepts by using tools like GitLab CI/CD
- Ability to work on multiple projects effectively and efficiently with varying deadlines and levels of importance.
- Experience and comfort with change and ambiguity given the ever-evolving nature of the business.
- Experience collaborating with Technology and Business Teams to deliver data and technology solutions that meet business objectives.
- Experience with Terraform, Git Lab, Artifactory, Packer, Azure, AWS, and GCP
- Must be able to work well in a collaborative team environment, but also independently.
- Strong detail orientation supported by ability to take a structured approach to achieve long-term objectives and build sustainable routines.
- Must be able to pass federal background investigation and obtain a Public Trust
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone
or by email
- Attention To Detail
- Bash (Scripting Language)
- Business Planning
- Business Process Automation
- Business Process Improvement