AIS LLC / AZZ Switchgear - Oshkosh, WI Field Service Technician Job Summary Conducts variety of electronic, mechanical, and electromechanical tests on electronic systems, sub-assemblies, and parts to ensure unit functions according to specifications with the ability to determine root cause of issues and ability to correct them with the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform defined service tasks at direction of management at various off site locations.
- Reads test schedule, work orders, test manuals, performance specifications, wiring diagrams, and schematics to determine testing procedure and equipment to be used.
- Understand system and product documentation to be able to perform the specified function internally and he customers' site in accordance with established procedures.
- Preparing daily reports, reports of findings, analysis and solution. Prepare travel/trip reports including time sheets and expense reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support and or develop procedures for installation and trouble shooting.
- Assist in the process of developing original Equipment Manufacturing Manuals (EOM's).
- Create/edit documents and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and utilizing instrumentation, documentation, knowledge and or experience to identify issues and determine the corrective action to fix the equipment and or system.
- Tests functional performance of systems, sub-assemblies, and parts under specified test procedures.
- Calibrate test instruments according to specifications.
- Safely connects unit to be tested to test equipment such as motor generator, multi meters, or current injector.
- Reads dials or digital displays that indicate electronic characteristics such as voltage, frequency, distortion, inductance, and capacitance.
- Compares results with specifications and records test data.
- Analyzes test results on defective units to determine cause of failure.
- Replaces defective wiring and components or records defects and returns unit to production department for repair.
- Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and others regarding testing procedures and results and to resolve problems.
- Writes computer programs to control semiconductor device and electronic component test equipment prior to testing.
- Devices test equipment setup to evaluate performance and operation of nonstandard or customer returned units in servicing and repairing equipment.
- Ability to lead projects, instruct and direct workers.
- Trains shop personnel.
- Travel to customer site for installation, trouble shooting, or to train on switchgear and operations of equipment.
- Sources additional opportunities for service related functions while on customer sites - (generate revenue).
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
An Electromechanical Associate's degree (A. A.) or similar or four years experience in an applicable field. Advanced trouble shooting skills using laptop computer, multi meters and other handheld tools. Knowledge of PT's, CT's, breakers, surge arrestor, relays, meters and other devices commonly used in the low or medium voltage switchgear.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Ability to maintain a valid drivers license background check.
- Assembly And Installation
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Electronics Manufacturing
- Problem Solving