The Sr System Networks Engineer partners with the Network Services Manager to lead, maintain and optimize a large enterprise network. The infrastructure consists of a mix of network switches, routers, wireless access points, firewalls, load balancers and cloud network/application services. The Sr System Networks Engineer operates and maintains some or all of these components while ensuring an uptime of 99.99%. This position will be tasked with the day-to-day operation of Lennar network infrastructure and would play a lead role in F5 load balancing projects and a supporting role in larger projects, such as expansions and capacity upgrades. In addition, this role will focus on process improvement, operational excellence, design/architecture, R&D, and standardization, etc.
- Functions in a customer-facing role, and therefore is expected to be approachable and service minded.
- Provides Tier 3 engineering support during critical operational incidents as necessary.
- Supports the architecture team during the transition into production.
- Maintains current network infrastructure and leverages the manufacturer for advanced support.
- Maintains high network availability for redundancy and resilience.
- Understands and accounts for peak load; manages peak load events.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for operational efficiency.
- Optimizes, implements and monitors network performance.
- Maintains and reacts to Enterprise-grade network monitoring system.
- Assists in the deployment of network equipment for new office build outs, domestically and internationally.
- Assists in the deployment of WAN circuits, including MPLS VPN's and P2P/IPsec circuits.
- Supports the LAN and WLAN infrastructure for campus and remote office locations.
- Lead load balancing build activities including creation of virtual servers, profiles, encryption policies, and iRules based on customer requirements.
- Configure Global Traffic Manager services and policies.
- Provides senior level Tier 3 network services for complex issues. Identifies failing components.
- Provides senior level network design and debugging services. Works closely with Application Owners to implement reliable, manageable, and secure solutions that meet Network/Security Architecture standards.
- Knowledge of SDWAN
- Reviews and audits router ACLs for user access.
- Helps with security audits of the network system and improves the security posture.
- Manages the wireless infrastructure, from implementation and optimization to daily operational support.
- Tests disaster recovery setups, both on a global and site-by-site basis.
- Supports and resolves PCI and SOX compliance regulations
- Experience in operations, influencing technology selection and projects
- Writes documentation, including policies and procedures. Creates diagrams, including network designs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree or Certification Required
- 5+ years relevant work experience
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the incumbent to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. 10-20% of travel is required.
- Must be self-motivated with strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- The ability to work effectively with clients, management, and staff members in a multi-tiered, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in previous network operations and implementation role desired.
- Ability to translate technical recommendations into a visual format for presentation to non-technical stakeholders.
- Significant experience with maintaining a campus and global network infrastructure.
- Knowledge of CloudGenix is a plus
- Fluency with Cisco wireless, network switches; expert with F5 products.
- Knowledge of IP fundamentals and IPv6.
- Knowledge and expertise in Wireless LAN and Wireless WAN technologies, as well as with a variety of routers and switches.
- Must demonstrate in-depth understanding of the OSI model.
- Demonstrable knowledge in the design, implementation, troubleshooting and operations of data center technologies.
- Firm understanding of operating systems, virtualization, network services for cloud enablement, and security.
- Consistently able to solve connectivity problems to increase bandwidth, improve response times, maximize performance, and support global operations.
- Fluency in Cisco/Meraki
- Extensive skills in WAN related architectures and technologies important to enterprises, such as MPLS, IPsec and emerging technologies.
- Understanding of VoIP related standards and principles required, with proven troubleshooting experience.
- Capable of supporting and troubleshooting WLAN networks for guest, untrusted and private connections.
- Experience and / or certifications in Project Management (PMI) a plus
- Travel may be required.
- Communication Services; Product and Vendor Evaluation/Management; Problem Solving and Troubleshooting; Network/Communication Architecture; Configuration/Implementation; Customer Engagement; Project Management; Capacity Planning, ITIL; Production Readiness Guidelines
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Application Services
- Business Efficiency
- Business Process Improvement