The Bountiful Company, a Nestlé Health Science Company, is a pure play branded leader in global nutrition, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbal and other specialty supplements, and active nutrition products, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The Bountiful Company’s portfolio of trusted brands includes Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.Job Description
As the Principal Tech Services Scientist will work closely with multi-functional teams to help improve current products, address manufacturing issues, evaluate new technologies and/or ingredients, seek cost savings and maintain networks of external partners.
- Leads meetings and cross-functional teams to make sure key deliverables related to Technical Services projects are delivered in a timely manner
- Leads scale up strategies, and qualifies and transfers technologies/processes to other internal manufacturing sites, or externally.
- Lead and organize the Tech Serv team, in the absence of the Manager or Director. Provides informal guidance, direction and support to less senior staff within their department.
- Defines and implements solutions for assigned tasks, balancing achievement of milestones with high quality standards.
- Provides technical leadership to manufacturing including but not limited to formulation or process improvements, formulation globalization, cost savings initiatives, and trouble shooting.
- Formulates nutritional supplement products in various forms in support of manufacturing.
- Performs comprehensive, sophisticated and critical evaluation of own data and data from other scientists.
- Looks for innovative and better ways of doing things. Actively looks to eliminate non-value added steps of processes and procedures.
- Negotiates timeline commitments among other team members such that agreed objectives and timings for completion of activities are achieved. Rapidly communicates major changes to project plans to manager/director.
- Explores and shares new scientific information, technologies, products and processes with the Science and Technology community. Builds awareness of developments outside of NBTY through attendance/presentations at trade associations or scientific meetings. Leads external collaborations with suppliers, academia and other professional bodies.
- Ensures that all internal and external work activities are conducted to appropriated standards, in accordance with Company policies, laws, quality standards, SOPs , etc.
- A Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science or related fields of studies is required
- A Master's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science or related fields of studies is preferred
- 7 years or more of experience in the hands-on development and characterization of solid dose formulations, including tablets, capsules, liquids, soft gels and gummies or the equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of experience working with processing/manufacturing equipment and implementing process optimization and/or cost-saving projects required
- Experience with leading cross-functional teams, laboratory activities, qualification processes, technology transfers, Quality by Design, and/or Operational Excellence tools required
- Good project management skills
- .Leadership, discipline and self-disciplined
- Strong data analysis and written and verbal reports
- Must have excellent communication and problem-solving abilities, excellent organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact well in multifunctional teams, and in fostering a team approach to achieving project goals
- Performs higher level work that requires interpreting more complex, less clearly defined issues
- Works with minimal supervision required and operates with considerable latitude and independently performs assignments of a complex nature
What we will offer in return…’the benefits package’
- Competitive Salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Continuous professional development and training
- Access to discounted organizational products
- Employee recognition scheme
- Competitive PTO allowance + public holidays
- Generous 401k scheme
- Comprehensive healthcare options
- Company paid employee health programs inclusive of life insurance, short term & long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Business Process Improvement
- Chemical Engineering
- Cost Reduction
- Data Analysis