LyondellBasell Basic Function
The network at LyondellBasell is the foundation of all other services that IT provides and is critical to the success of our business. The Senior Network Engineer position is part of our Global Network Operations Team that provides vision, strategy and direction to support LyondellBasell's local area and wide area network. This individual will be directly involved with developing reliable networks, manage systems and projects, and handling technical problems that arise. Operationally, responsibilities include ensuring enterprise network solutions are managed and operated effectively to include systems monitoring, health checks, metrics, and reporting. The Senior Network Engineer works closely other network team members, the Network Security Operations Team and other diverse IT and business teams to assist and coordinate remediation efforts. Conducts continuous analysis on network, application, and infrastructure components while working across IT and business teams to develop solutions that address root causes. Roles & Responsibilities
- Install, configure and maintain Local Area Network and Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) and wireless infrastructure in a multi-vendor environment, including but not limited to: Cisco and Aruba/HPE routers, switches, access points, wireless controllers and F5 Load Balancers
- Work with off-shore 1st level support team to provide 2nd\3rd level support as required
- Participate in rotational on-call structure to provide after hours and weekend support
- Stay up-to-date on current technologies, serve as technology consultant, and make recommendations based on knowledge and research.
- Work on unusually complex problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative.
- Implement network solutions based on analysis of technical and capacity requirements.
- Perform capacity management, planning and reporting related to network infrastructure and bandwidth.
- Provide support for Network Infrastructure including the physical cable infrastructure in our offices and manufacturing plants
- Perform complex implementation tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
- Network certification (CCNA) or equivalent experience, CCNP a plus
- Multi-Site WAN Infrastructures with complex routing and failover
- Critical thinking and decision making skills
- Data network design focusing on redundancy and resiliency
- Multi-datacenter network design experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work in a global, multi-site environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Cisco Platforms, TCP/IP, MPLS, SD WAN, Routing, Switching, Wireless/controllers, Firewall, VPN, OSPF, BGP, QOS. Heavy Cisco DNA Experience a plus.
- Experience with application and performance monitoring
- Experience with WAN Optimization pertaining to SD WAN application Aware Routing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here. Nearest Major Market:
- Border Gateway Protocol
- Capacity Management
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Cisco Certified Network Professional