This Contract Position is with one of our Direct Clients. Please reach out to Remya - mremya(at)divihn(dot)com or Navjot - nsingh(at)divihn(dot)com for more details about this position. You can also call Remya-(630) 847 7118 or Navjot - 630 847 1023. Job title: .NET Programmer Duration: 6 Months Job Type: Contract, Can be full remote for non-locals. For locals, the first couple of weeks for orientation/training (again negotiable). Preferred Skill - Experience in Python Our client is located in Round Lake and they require candidates to be local because of on-site work. The 1st month is very crucial to look into the software that needs to be integrated. The individual MUST be local for this reason.
Remote is available, but not regularly. It could be once or twice a week, upon the manager's approval.
There is potential for contract-to-perm conversion after 3 to 4 months of the initial contract.
Purpose of this Role and Contractor's Day of the Life:
Our Client in Round Lake is seeking a Full Stack .NET Programmer with good front-end and database/server-side programming skills.
The job entails
1. building a replicated database for data that currently resides in manufacturing machines and
2. Interface / create reports for that data. This job is going to be very iterative and will involve creating interfaces, submit for end-user feedback, bring them back to the programmer and make the necessary adjustments. The individual will work on APIs (not developing, but consuming) for the data extraction part. So, data extraction using API is a must-have skill.
Individuals must be full-stack since the work will involve both user-interface as well as server-side development work. The first few weeks will be heavy on the client-side with not too much data extraction.
It'll be mostly refining data. Data extraction happens as the next step. Data will be extracted directly from the machines through API; take data from APIs, and take those data to develop the dashboards.
- Full-Stack Development in .NET Programming and must be very good at front-end and back-end technologies
- Strong C# .NET programming skills
- Scripting: Power Shell or similar should be 'nice-to-have', since they'll be involved in Python
- Python scripting 'nice-to-have'
- Automation Scripts experience acceptable
- Business Acumen ability to convert functional to technical specs
- Knowledgeable in API (they won't do any development but just consuming APIs)
- Data Extraction with ETL functionalities nice to have but not required
- Manufacturing environment would nice to have but not required
About us: DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.