Location: Glendale, CO
Type: Direct Placement/FTE
Our client, headquartered out of Glendale, Colorado, provides state of the art, technology-enabled solutions to the financial services industry. With custom development managed in house, they have a technology and agile-driven culture. If you want to work in an environment where people are truly dedicated to their work, then this is the place for you!
- Respond to questions from less senior software engineers.
- Create opportunities and processes to mentor team of software engineers.
- Lead code reviews, risk analysis, and third party application review based on project needs.
- Analyze client requests and define workload, priority, and appropriate resources.
- Designs and modifies software applications for internal and external clients.
- Assist with development project scoping and software debugging.
- Design, develop, maintain, and release production level C# .NET application modules.
- Create new and modify existing SQL Server views, stored procedures and functions used to pass data from the database to the data handling layer.
- Participate in application design sessions with development management, architects, Client, DBAs, and clients to develop the business and software specifications based on project needs.
- Work within the timing and requirements parameters as defined by development management, software specifications and the business requirements provided by the customer.
- Interact with QA and support teams to diagnose and troubleshoot product related issues.
- Document source code and functionality, and maintain source code control using Team Foundation Server source control.
- Perform related duties as requested.
- BA Degree in mathematics or computer science, or equivalent, preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in .Net software development.
- Experience with VB development helpful, but not required.
- Ability to abstract project tasks, level of effort, and resource requirements from business specifications.
- Experience mentoring junior developers through code reviews, training, or acting as project lead.
- Skilled at finding opportunities for upgrading technology or adjusting basic requirements for long-term company needs.
- Competent working with XML (XSL & XSLT) and the .NET XML libraries that provide methods to read, write, process, and navigate through XML documents.
- Understands Software Architecture, Software Development Fundamentals and Best Practices.
- Object-Oriented Design, specifically using C#, .NET ASP into a SQL back end.
- Experience with VB and migrating projects from VB to newer technologies a plus
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Familiar with Software Debugging protocols and practices.
- Ability to work with non-technical users to understand and troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Application development experience in Document Management, Mortgage or Financial Services a plus.
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!